[Most Urgent!] Need to record a HL2DM Demo

Hi All

Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
I need to record a small HL2DM demo
The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
order to install eg fraps etc
What to do?

The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in game

I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was playtesting
I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned cans
from the correct position
I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't believe
what I saw
All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't reproduce
this bug

Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
Please - what to do

Argghhh I have to record this somehow
Getting fraps now

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!

    "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote

    > Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
    > I need to record a small HL2DM demo
    > The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
    > order to install eg fraps etc
    > What to do?

    The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
    Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?

    I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
    I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
    through the skybox

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
    >

    >>Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
    >>I need to record a small HL2DM demo
    >>The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
    >>order to install eg fraps etc
    >>What to do?
    >>

    > The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
    > Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?
    >
    > I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
    > I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
    > through the skybox
    >

    > - Peter

    Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
    >
    >> Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
    >> I need to record a small HL2DM demo
    >> The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this
    >> game in order to install eg fraps etc
    >> What to do?
    >>
    > The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
    > Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?
    >
    > I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
    > I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
    > through the skybox
    >

    > - Peter

    Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright :o\ I
    know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of utils to
    convert AVI to MPG.
    McG.

    "Shawk" wrote

    > Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)

    I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
    Now I just need some webspace

    - Peter

    > "Shawk" wrote
    >
    >> Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it
    >> :-)
    > I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
    > Now I just need some webspace
    >
    > - Peter

    I saw Stri last nite. Is his website still up?
    McG.

    "McGrandpa" wrote

    > I saw Stri last nite. Is his website still up?

    Yep, new "address" though, he has moved to lunarpages.net
    www.stri.tk redirects nicely

    Working better than ever

    - Peter

    "McGrandpa" wrote

    > Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright :o\ I
    > know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of utils to
    > convert AVI to MPG.

    Found TMPGEnc
    Works well

    I have two mpeg files
    A 5.5Mb and a 2.5Mb
    I have uploaded the 5.5 to fileplanet

    Haven't got mu own webspace
    I know - I AM lazy

    Btw I have a beta of gasworks ready soon - I am not that lazy - LOL

    - Peter

    > "McGrandpa" wrote
    >
    >> Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright
    >> :o\ I know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of
    >> utils to convert AVI to MPG.
    >
    > Found TMPGEnc
    > Works well
    >
    > I have two mpeg files
    > A 5.5Mb and a 2.5Mb
    > I have uploaded the 5.5 to fileplanet
    >
    > Haven't got mu own webspace
    > I know - I AM lazy
    >
    > Btw I have a beta of gasworks ready soon - I am not that lazy - LOL
    >
    > - Peter

    Ha! I've been working a lot of OT lately, then a couple births in the
    family, etc have kept me away from here more than I want to be. I do
    want to get back to that texture thing. Lots of ideas! just takes a
    little time playing with the art proggy to get em out. I like also that
    we can use the alpha channel to do some cool shader stuff with em! TIFF
    format?
    Oh, the 256 meg 6800 GT *is* a mighty nice card Peter!!!!
    McG.

    "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote

    > Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins

    http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
    Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the fileplanet
    team

    - Peter

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
    >

    >>Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
    >

    > http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
    > Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the fileplanet
    > team
    >
    > - Peter

    Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
    impressed :-)

    --

    > "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
    >
    >> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
    >> Poppins
    >
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
    > Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the
    > fileplanet team
    >
    > - Peter

    Ok, I got an hour to wait for it :) Sounds like fun. get it to repeat?
    McG.

    > Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    >> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
    >>

    >>> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
    >>> Poppins
    >>

    >> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
    >> Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the
    >> fileplanet team
    >>
    >> - Peter
    >>

    > Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
    > impressed :-)

    I got 416 in front of me :( But that's only an hour. Then a 20 sec
    download :o\
    McG.

    Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
    > I need to record a small HL2DM demo
    > The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
    > order to install eg fraps etc
    > What to do?
    >
    > The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in game
    >
    > I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was playtesting
    > I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned cans
    > from the correct position
    > I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't believe
    > what I saw
    > All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
    > I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't reproduce
    > this bug
    >
    > Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
    > Please - what to do

    Hmmm.. Maybe you need to check your config.cfg .. look out for
    cl_smokingtoomuchweed and see if disabling that one helps :-)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
    I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
    picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
    with a fork'.

    "McGrandpa" wrote

    >> Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
    >> impressed :-)
    >
    > I got 416 in front of me :( But that's only an hour. Then a 20 sec
    > download :o\

    17 downloads
    Probably fileplanets queuesystem grouping files together

    Yeah I know need some webspace for my own :-)

    - Peter

    "McGrandpa" wrote

    > Ok, I got an hour to wait for it :) Sounds like fun. get it to repeat?

    No not yet
    I will try tonight

    I need to find out why this is happening, as you probably will need a
    restart of the DM server to reset the physics

    - Peter

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Shawk" wrote
    >
    > > Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)
    > >
    > I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
    > Now I just need some webspace

    Try yahoo groups.....filespace of 20mb, URL links to files change
    occasionally but you can stream from here etc.

    Dont ask what the thing is sposed to do, I just use it for streaming mp3 ;p

    "Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
    > Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
    > > I need to record a small HL2DM demo
    > > The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game
    in
    > > order to install eg fraps etc
    > > What to do?
    > >
    > > The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in
    game

    > > I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was
    playtesting
    > > I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned
    cans
    > > from the correct position
    > > I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't
    believe
    > > what I saw
    > > All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
    > > I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't
    reproduce
    > > this bug
    > >
    > > Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
    Poppins
    > > Please - what to do
    >
    > Hmmm.. Maybe you need to check your config.cfg .. look out for
    > cl_smokingtoomuchweed and see if disabling that one helps :-)

    Blah that isnt possible...

Video Games