Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[Most Urgent!] Need to record a HL2DM Demo

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:34:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Hi All

Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
I need to record a small HL2DM demo
The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
order to install eg fraps etc
What to do?

The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in game

I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was playtesting
I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned cans
from the correct position
I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't believe
what I saw
All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't reproduce
this bug

Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
Please - what to do

Argghhh I have to record this somehow
Getting fraps now

- Peter

--
Hi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:51:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote

> Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
> I need to record a small HL2DM demo
> The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
> order to install eg fraps etc
> What to do?
>
The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?

I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
through the skybox


- Peter
March 8, 2005 12:51:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
>
>
>>Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
>>I need to record a small HL2DM demo
>>The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
>>order to install eg fraps etc
>>What to do?
>>
>
> The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
> Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?
>
> I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
> I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
> through the skybox
>
>
> - Peter
>
>

Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)

--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...
What do you mean?
Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
Yes...
What's it like?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:30:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:393t6bF5romrqU1@individual.net
> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
>
>> Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
>> I need to record a small HL2DM demo
>> The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this
>> game in order to install eg fraps etc
>> What to do?
>>
> The obvious install fraps (haven't tried it before - LOL)
> Hmm any tools to compress a 110Mb avi?
>
> I will see if I can reproduce the error and make some more shots
> I am out of physics object - damn they bounce all over the place even
> through the skybox
>
>
> - Peter

Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright :o \ I
know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of utils to
convert AVI to MPG.
McG.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:31:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Shawk" wrote

> Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)
>
I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
Now I just need some webspace

- Peter
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:31:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:393vgtF5vop38U1@individual.net
> "Shawk" wrote
>
>> Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it
>> :-)
> I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
> Now I just need some webspace
>
> - Peter

I saw Stri last nite. Is his website still up?
McG.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:45:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"McGrandpa" wrote

> I saw Stri last nite. Is his website still up?

Yep, new "address" though, he has moved to lunarpages.net
www.stri.tk redirects nicely

Working better than ever

- Peter
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:49:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"McGrandpa" wrote

> Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright :o \ I
> know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of utils to
> convert AVI to MPG.

Found TMPGEnc
Works well

I have two mpeg files
A 5.5Mb and a 2.5Mb
I have uploaded the 5.5 to fileplanet

Haven't got mu own webspace
I know - I AM lazy

Btw I have a beta of gasworks ready soon - I am not that lazy - LOL

- Peter
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:49:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:39443cF5s8mfvU1@individual.net
> "McGrandpa" wrote
>
>> Whoa. <<Neo style>> That's a game gone seriously haywire alright
>> :o \ I know of nothing but fraps to do that within a game. Lots of
>> utils to convert AVI to MPG.
>
> Found TMPGEnc
> Works well
>
> I have two mpeg files
> A 5.5Mb and a 2.5Mb
> I have uploaded the 5.5 to fileplanet
>
> Haven't got mu own webspace
> I know - I AM lazy
>
> Btw I have a beta of gasworks ready soon - I am not that lazy - LOL
>
> - Peter

Ha! I've been working a lot of OT lately, then a couple births in the
family, etc have kept me away from here more than I want to be. I do
want to get back to that texture thing. Lots of ideas! just takes a
little time playing with the art proggy to get em out. I like also that
we can use the alpha channel to do some cool shader stuff with em! TIFF
format?
Oh, the 256 meg 6800 GT *is* a mighty nice card Peter!!!!
McG.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:19:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" wrote

> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the fileplanet
team

- Peter
March 8, 2005 3:19:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
>
>
>>Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
>
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
> Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the fileplanet
> team
>
> - Peter
>
>

Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
impressed :-)


--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...
What do you mean?
Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
Yes...
What's it like?
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:30:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:3945rjF5c6e47U1@individual.net
> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
>
>> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
>> Poppins
>
> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
> Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the
> fileplanet team
>
> - Peter

Ok, I got an hour to wait for it :)  Sounds like fun. get it to repeat?
McG.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:31:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
news:1110238742.12564.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.net
> Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
>> "Peter Lykkegaard" wrote
>>
>>
>>> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
>>> Poppins
>>
>>
>> http://www.fileplanet.com/files/150000/150922.shtml
>> Should be valid in couple of hours, just got the e-mail from the
>> fileplanet team
>>
>> - Peter
>>
>>
>
> Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
> impressed :-)

I got 416 in front of me :(  But that's only an hour. Then a 20 sec
download :o \
McG.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:17:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
> I need to record a small HL2DM demo
> The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game in
> order to install eg fraps etc
> What to do?
>
> The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in game
>
> I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was playtesting
> I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned cans
> from the correct position
> I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't believe
> what I saw
> All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
> I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't reproduce
> this bug
>
> Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary Poppins
> Please - what to do

Hmmm.. Maybe you need to check your config.cfg .. look out for
cl_smokingtoomuchweed and see if disabling that one helps :-)



--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
with a fork'.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 11:08:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"McGrandpa" wrote

>> Wow - you're famous. 48 minute queue. 298 folk in front of me. I'm
>> impressed :-)
>
> I got 416 in front of me :(  But that's only an hour. Then a 20 sec
> download :o \

17 downloads
Probably fileplanets queuesystem grouping files together

Yeah I know need some webspace for my own :-)

- Peter
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 11:10:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"McGrandpa" wrote

> Ok, I got an hour to wait for it :)  Sounds like fun. get it to repeat?

No not yet
I will try tonight

I need to find out why this is happening, as you probably will need a
restart of the DM server to reset the physics

- Peter
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:23:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:393vgtF5vop38U1@individual.net...
> "Shawk" wrote
>
> > Sorry I cant help but damn... wanna see the movie if you can do it :-)
> >
> I have a 5Mb mpeg-2 - using TMPGEnc
> Now I just need some webspace

Try yahoo groups.....filespace of 20mb, URL links to files change
occasionally but you can stream from here etc.

Dont ask what the thing is sposed to do, I just use it for streaming mp3 ;p
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Ben Cottrell" <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote in message
news:394g99F5s50rnU1@individual.net...
> Peter Lykkegaard wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Please very urgent (and important - for all of us)
> > I need to record a small HL2DM demo
> > The problem is that I have the game running and I can't stop this game
in
> > order to install eg fraps etc
> > What to do?
> >
> > The deal is that I have found a gigantic totally crazy physics bug in
game
> >
> > I have been working on this vending machine in my map and was
playtesting
> > I have done it like if you tipped the vending machine it still spawned
cans
> > from the correct position
> > I was testing this when the bug unfolded before my eyes - I couldn't
believe
> > what I saw
> > All physiscs object began to dance like crazy - thumbling around
> > I need to record this somehow and I am very afraid that I can't
reproduce
> > this bug
> >
> > Believe me it's worth, it's totally crazy - like a scene from Mary
Poppins
> > Please - what to do
>
> Hmmm.. Maybe you need to check your config.cfg .. look out for
> cl_smokingtoomuchweed and see if disabling that one helps :-)

Blah that isnt possible...
!