Changed XP home edition to Professional and lost Wireless ..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 29, 2004 11:48:53 AM

Hello,

I had XP home edition on my laptop running fine with
Netgear wireless. I upgraded home edition to professional
and lost all the wireless settings and now connot
configure it. The netgear router is connected to my PC
which runs on home edition.

Thanks

Vik
July 29, 2004 3:41:31 PM

Hi.
Hmm. that is strange it should not happen.

Try to follow the instructions here:

Basic Wireless Configuration: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

Basic Wireless Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).