installin hd at notebook

Hi all

I´m installing a new hd (ibm 6 gb) in a notebook but when i restart the bios
doesn't detect the hd. While the notebook is switched on i can ear the hd
working with a noise that i dont like at all (repetitive clack clack
clack...).
I'm doing this because during the scandisk the computer stacked and after
the restart it doesn't detect the hd. I thought that the hd is broken so i
bought a new one, but I have still the same problem.

Pease help me.

"el_ganso" <ganso384@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I´m installing a new hd (ibm 6 gb) in a notebook but when i restart the
bios
> doesn't detect the hd. While the notebook is switched on i can ear the hd
> working with a noise that i dont like at all (repetitive clack clack
> clack...).
> I'm doing this because during the scandisk the computer stacked and after
> the restart it doesn't detect the hd. I thought that the hd is broken so i
> bought a new one, but I have still the same problem.
>
> Pease help me.

If new drive not working, send it back!

Mike.

---