How to change default video codec?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi!

Can't find a way how to use different video codec when compressing avi files. The problem is that the program I use allows only to compress using "default" avi compression, when the file is created it' s video codec is "microsoft video 1". I would like to use mpeg compression, but in the list there is only default.
From where in the hell the program get's this as default codec? Tried in control panel with no luck.
1 answer Last reply
More about change default video codec
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    You'll have to use third party softare like TMPGEnc to compress with the
    MPEG codec(s)

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Hannibal" <otoluk@inbox.lv> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Can't find a way how to use different video codec when compressing
    > avi files. The problem is that the program I use allows only to compress
    > using "default" avi compression, when the file is created it' s video
    > codec is "microsoft video 1". I would like to use mpeg compression, but in
    > the list there is only default.
    > From where in the hell the program get's this as default codec?
    > Tried in control panel with no luck.

Video Default Codec Microsoft Windows XP