How to change default video codec?

April 1, 2004 10:11:17 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi!

Can't find a way how to use different video codec when compressing avi files. The problem is that the program I use allows only to compress using "default" avi compression, when the file is created it' s video codec is "microsoft video 1". I would like to use mpeg compression, but in the list there is only default.
From where in the hell the program get's this as default codec? Tried in control panel with no luck.
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 3:51:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

You'll have to use third party softare like TMPGEnc to compress with the
MPEG codec(s)

Cari
www.coribright.com

!