    A firewire card in the PC and the correct cable to connect it to the digital
    camcorder

    WindowsMovieMaker on the PC (comes included with XP) will do the capture and
    you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:1740a01c41810$3033c8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    >I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
    > i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
    > the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
    > digital film onto the computer and what software is
    > that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
    > burn it onto a dvd
    >
    > i would apreciate some helpppppppp
    >
    > frank

    In this scenario, is the Firewire cable a must-have in order to upload digital video? I also have a Canon digital camcorder but it came w/ a USB 2.0 connecter. I can get pictures off it using this cable but not video on the tape. Sounds like the trick is using a "firewire" cable - correct?

    Yes.
    www.coribright.com

    "Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In this scenario, is the Firewire cable a must-have in order to upload
    digital video? I also have a Canon digital camcorder but it came w/ a USB
    2.0 connecter. I can get pictures off it using this cable but not video on
    the tape. Sounds like the trick is using a "firewire" cable - correct?

    If you use WindowsMovieMaker to upload to the PC what is the best application for burning it to disc and what type of disc is best?

    You need the correct hardware and the correct software.

    you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
    > i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
    > the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
    > digital film onto the computer and what software is
    > that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
    > burn it onto a dvd
    >> i would apreciate some helpppppppp
    >> frank

    With a CD burner you can make a VCD or SVCD... however the quality is near a
    VHS. If you want to make a DVD, you need a DVD burner and third party
    software. You'll edit the video in Windows MovieMaker 2, save the finished
    product as a DV-AVI file to your PC and then use the third party to encode
    the AVI file to a DVD and the software will then burn it to the DVD disk.

    You'll find more descriptions on VCD, SVCD, DVD and the differences between
    them at www.dvdrhelp.com

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Charles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If you use WindowsMovieMaker to upload to the PC what is the best
    > application for burning it to disc and what type of disc is best?
    >
    > ----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----
    >
    > You need the correct hardware and the correct software.
    >
    > A firewire card in the PC and the correct cable to connect it to the
    > digital
    > camcorder
    >
    > WindowsMovieMaker on the PC (comes included with XP) will do the
    > capture and
    > you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org
    >
    > Cari
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
    > > i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
    > > the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
    > > digital film onto the computer and what software is
    > > that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
    > > burn it onto a dvd
    > >> i would apreciate some helpppppppp
    > >> frank

Video Computers Software Windows XP