Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do i upload film from DV camera to my computer

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 1, 2004 1:38:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
digital film onto the computer and what software is
that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
burn it onto a dvd

i would apreciate some helpppppppp

frank
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 3:50:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

You need the correct hardware and the correct software.

A firewire card in the PC and the correct cable to connect it to the digital
camcorder

WindowsMovieMaker on the PC (comes included with XP) will do the capture and
you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org

Cari
www.coribright.com

"frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1740a01c41810$3033c8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
> i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
> the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
> digital film onto the computer and what software is
> that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
> burn it onto a dvd
>
> i would apreciate some helpppppppp
>
> frank
June 1, 2004 10:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

In this scenario, is the Firewire cable a must-have in order to upload digital video? I also have a Canon digital camcorder but it came w/ a USB 2.0 connecter. I can get pictures off it using this cable but not video on the tape. Sounds like the trick is using a "firewire" cable - correct?
Related resources
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 3:18:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Yes.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0A1FDD21-5ED8-4E15-B0A6-BC67E5948972@microsoft.com...
> In this scenario, is the Firewire cable a must-have in order to upload
digital video? I also have a Canon digital camcorder but it came w/ a USB
2.0 connecter. I can get pictures off it using this cable but not video on
the tape. Sounds like the trick is using a "firewire" cable - correct?
June 2, 2004 5:36:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

If you use WindowsMovieMaker to upload to the PC what is the best application for burning it to disc and what type of disc is best?

----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----

You need the correct hardware and the correct software.

A firewire card in the PC and the correct cable to connect it to the digital
camcorder

WindowsMovieMaker on the PC (comes included with XP) will do the capture and
you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org

Cari
www.coribright.com

"frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1740a01c41810$3033c8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
> i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
> the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
> digital film onto the computer and what software is
> that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
> burn it onto a dvd
>> i would apreciate some helpppppppp
>> frank
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 7:56:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

With a CD burner you can make a VCD or SVCD... however the quality is near a
VHS. If you want to make a DVD, you need a DVD burner and third party
software. You'll edit the video in Windows MovieMaker 2, save the finished
product as a DV-AVI file to your PC and then use the third party to encode
the AVI file to a DVD and the software will then burn it to the DVD disk.

You'll find more descriptions on VCD, SVCD, DVD and the differences between
them at www.dvdrhelp.com

--
Cari
MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
www.coribright.com

"Charles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:01F263DF-180C-4CE0-BED3-038E9F95F040@microsoft.com...
> If you use WindowsMovieMaker to upload to the PC what is the best
> application for burning it to disc and what type of disc is best?
>
> ----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: -----
>
> You need the correct hardware and the correct software.
>
> A firewire card in the PC and the correct cable to connect it to the
> digital
> camcorder
>
> WindowsMovieMaker on the PC (comes included with XP) will do the
> capture and
> you can edit with WMM. See LOTS of info on WMM at www.papajohn.org
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:1740a01c41810$3033c8e0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> >I have a canon Digital video camcorder with firewire but
> > i dont have any software for the digital tape just for
> > the digital pictures. Do I need software to upload the
> > digital film onto the computer and what software is
> > that? what can i use then to edit this film in order to
> > burn it onto a dvd
> >> i would apreciate some helpppppppp
> >> frank
>
>
>
!