Closed

Update half-life without Steam?

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2005 7:24:05 PM

My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

More about : update half life steam

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 8:28:49 PM

KCB is confused...
Cannon fodder: Might consider that.....
GFree:The web site dosen't have an older version... and I already have
3.0
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 8:53:40 PM

Sorry for the double... post?
I will answer in more detail now that i have time

KCB: "Half-Life executable is out of date" is the message I get when I
try Sven. I need to update HL to play it, but to do that I need Steam
but am not allowed to get it.

Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
easier that talking to him im person :D

Gfree: I searched Google for it... no, wait. this is google... Anyways
I found only a lot of pics of it, or a download which does not work

Basically, I'm screwed.
Can some moderator or someone get rid of my previous post?
March 7, 2005 9:31:33 PM

Fine...
Cannon Fodder

There. happy?
I capitalized it in my last post

>Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
>easier that talking to him im person :D
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:50:51 PM

"Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
> play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

Sven co-op is not an official patch from Valve; it is a mod made by somebody
else. It is not available through Steam; you need to download and install
it yourself.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:38:38 AM

> Sorry for the double... post?
> I will answer in more detail now that i have time
>
> KCB: "Half-Life executable is out of date" is the message I get when I
> try Sven. I need to update HL to play it, but to do that I need Steam
> but am not allowed to get it.

Doh! When you said Steam, I automatically thought HL2. I run original HL
separate from Steam. Which version of HL do you need? You can get the
1.1.1.0 patch or full upgrade here:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife/downloads/
also available at dozens (hundreds?) of other file hosting sites, without
Steam...
Google IS your friend.

> Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
> easier that talking to him im person :D
>
> Gfree: I searched Google for it... no, wait. this is google... Anyways
> I found only a lot of pics of it, or a download which does not work
>
> Basically, I'm screwed.
> Can some moderator or someone get rid of my previous post?

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:50:27 AM

Nope, ya need to get a new dad..... Talk to yer mom...

On 7 Mar 2005 16:24:05 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
>play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:55:11 AM

Robtcee13 wrote:
> My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
> play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

Possibly. I'm pretty sure Sven Co-Op (or at least an older version)
works on the non-Steam version of Half-Life. Install Half-Life from the
CD, find a version of the mod that will work for a non-steam
implementation, and you should be set.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:03:52 AM

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> That'll work.... :)  Just strokin' ya buddy....

.... as Michael Jackson said to Gavin Arvizo.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:00:21 AM

Capitalize the F in Fodder please... :)

On 7 Mar 2005 17:28:49 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:

>KCB is confused...
>Cannon fodder: Might consider that.....
>GFree:The web site dosen't have an older version... and I already have
>3.0

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:38:35 AM

Robtcee13 wrote:
> Fine...
> Cannon Fodder
>
> There. happy?
> I capitalized it in my last post
>

>>Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
>>easier that talking to him im person :D

Why are you not allowed to use Steam? If your dad even thinks the word
"spyware" you should slap the back of his head.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 5:38:43 AM

On 7 Mar 2005 18:31:33 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Fine...
>Cannon Fodder
>
>There. happy?
>I capitalized it in my last post
>
>>Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
>>easier that talking to him im person :D

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."
March 8, 2005 2:58:53 PM

Don't be so hasty - it may be possible to update his dad to a later version.
Although if his CPU is maxxed out, it might mean a new mobo and DADRam.

Robtcee13 - just how cool is your dad running?

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Nope, ya need to get a new dad..... Talk to yer mom...
>
> On 7 Mar 2005 16:24:05 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
>>play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?
>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."
March 8, 2005 3:00:51 PM

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> That'll work.... :)  Just strokin' ya buddy....
>
> ... as Michael Jackson said to Gavin Arvizo.

Nah, that was "just strokin' YOUR buddy".... eeeeeYEW!
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:57:41 PM

*Reconsiders E-mailing
Anonymous
February 24, 2011 7:36:20 PM

yo i had the same prob with half life all u need to do is instal noral half life then instal oposing force then download off the internet update 1.1.1.0 install then download update 1.1.1.1 and then it will work fine online and then instal the update for the counter strike mod and it will give u free counter strike and it will update the games graphics and add new things guns ect hope this helped :D  good luck
February 24, 2011 8:33:40 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!