Closed

Update half-life without Steam?

My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?
16 answers Last reply
More about update half life steam

    KCB is confused...
    Cannon fodder: Might consider that.....
    GFree:The web site dosen't have an older version... and I already have
    3.0

    Sorry for the double... post?
    I will answer in more detail now that i have time

    KCB: "Half-Life executable is out of date" is the message I get when I
    try Sven. I need to update HL to play it, but to do that I need Steam
    but am not allowed to get it.

    Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
    easier that talking to him im person :D

    Gfree: I searched Google for it... no, wait. this is google... Anyways
    I found only a lot of pics of it, or a download which does not work

    Basically, I'm screwed.
    Can some moderator or someone get rid of my previous post?

    Fine...
    Cannon Fodder

    There. happy?
    I capitalized it in my last post

    "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
    > play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

    Sven co-op is not an official patch from Valve; it is a mod made by somebody
    else. It is not available through Steam; you need to download and install
    it yourself.

    > Sorry for the double... post?
    > I will answer in more detail now that i have time
    >
    > KCB: "Half-Life executable is out of date" is the message I get when I
    > try Sven. I need to update HL to play it, but to do that I need Steam
    > but am not allowed to get it.

    Doh! When you said Steam, I automatically thought HL2. I run original HL
    separate from Steam. Which version of HL do you need? You can get the
    1.1.1.0 patch or full upgrade here:
    http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife/downloads/
    also available at dozens (hundreds?) of other file hosting sites, without
    Steam...
    Google IS your friend.

    > Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
    > easier that talking to him im person :D
    >
    > Gfree: I searched Google for it... no, wait. this is google... Anyways
    > I found only a lot of pics of it, or a download which does not work
    >
    > Basically, I'm screwed.
    > Can some moderator or someone get rid of my previous post?

    Nope, ya need to get a new dad..... Talk to yer mom...

    On 7 Mar 2005 16:24:05 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
    >play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

    "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power. It burns those who fight
    its progress. And one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
    our world."

    Robtcee13 wrote:
    > My dad will not download Steam, (or let me) so is there any way I can
    > play Sven Co-op without having to use Steam to update?

    Possibly. I'm pretty sure Sven Co-Op (or at least an older version)
    works on the non-Steam version of Half-Life. Install Half-Life from the
    CD, find a version of the mod that will work for a non-steam
    implementation, and you should be set.

    Cannon Fodder wrote:
    > That'll work.... :) Just strokin' ya buddy....

    .... as Michael Jackson said to Gavin Arvizo.

    Capitalize the F in Fodder please... :)

    Robtcee13 wrote:
    > Fine...
    > Cannon Fodder
    >
    > There. happy?
    > I capitalized it in my last post
    >

    >>Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
    >>easier that talking to him im person :D

    Why are you not allowed to use Steam? If your dad even thinks the word
    "spyware" you should slap the back of his head.

    On 7 Mar 2005 18:31:33 -0800, "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Fine...
    >Cannon Fodder
    >
    >There. happy?
    >I capitalized it in my last post
    >
    >>Cannon Fodder: I will E-Mail my dad to get him to consider it. Much
    >>easier that talking to him im person :D

    "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power. It burns those who fight
    its progress. And one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
    our world."

    Don't be so hasty - it may be possible to update his dad to a later version.
    Although if his CPU is maxxed out, it might mean a new mobo and DADRam.

    Robtcee13 - just how cool is your dad running?

    "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >> That'll work.... :) Just strokin' ya buddy....
    >
    > ... as Michael Jackson said to Gavin Arvizo.

    Nah, that was "just strokin' YOUR buddy".... eeeeeYEW!

    *Reconsiders E-mailing
  15. yo i had the same prob with half life all u need to do is instal noral half life then instal oposing force then download off the internet update 1.1.1.0 install then download update 1.1.1.1 and then it will work fine online and then instal the update for the counter strike mod and it will give u free counter strike and it will update the games graphics and add new things guns ect hope this helped :D good luck

Download Games Steam Video Games