Scott

I have a TV Tuner card and a P4 w/Hyperthreading, which
apparently causes the video to freeze (hang) after
several minutes of use. Microsoft says that it has a
fix, but I cannot seem to get access to it. The page
they sent me to is:
us;817589.

Could anyone please help?

Thank you.

Did you call Microsoft likes the article states? "To resolve this problem
immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix."

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"Scott" <s.rosenberg@patmedia.net> wrote in message
> I have a TV Tuner card and a P4 w/Hyperthreading, which
> apparently causes the video to freeze (hang) after
> several minutes of use. Microsoft says that it has a
> fix, but I cannot seem to get access to it. The page
> they sent me to is:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;817589.
>
> Could anyone please help?
>
> Thank you.

Chris did you read what he wrote? He said Microsoft sent him to a page he
cant access. Why would he call MS to send him to the same page?

"Chris Lanier [MVP]" <cal2002a@hotmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Did you call Microsoft likes the article states? "To resolve this problem
> immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the
fix."

> --
> Chris Lanier
> Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
> ---
> "Scott" <s.rosenberg@patmedia.net> wrote in message
> > I have a TV Tuner card and a P4 w/Hyperthreading, which
> > apparently causes the video to freeze (hang) after
> > several minutes of use. Microsoft says that it has a
> > fix, but I cannot seem to get access to it. The page
> > they sent me to is:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> > us;817589.
> >
> > Could anyone please help?
> >
> > Thank you.

> Microsoft says that it has a fix, but I cannot seem to get access to it.

The OP did not allude to the actions he took. 99.9% of people looking to
obtain this patch are under the impression that there is a download link on
the page, thus not having access to it since it is only available through
Microsoft Support. You happen to be part of this 99.9% percent. If you had
correctly read the page it states... "To resolve this problem immediately,
contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix."

This is not Microsoft Product Support hinting that the patch is not for
download via that webpage.