ok i formatted my comp and started everything afresh.. but the problem is now that my dvd's won't run from the CD/DVD drive..
CDs play and copy just fine, and I have PowerDVD installed in the comp..
My region code is correct (Australia), but everytime I try to play a DVD it just says there is no disc in drive D..
please help :(

phoenix

----- skye wrote: -----

ok i formatted my comp and started everything afresh.. but the problem is now that my dvd's won't run from the CD/DVD drive..
CDs play and copy just fine, and I have PowerDVD installed in the comp..
My region code is correct (Australia), but everytime I try to play a DVD it just says there is no disc in drive D..
please help :(

I have the same problem, when i try to play a DVD it says no disc in drive E: I request for immediate help!! HELP PLEASE!!

Let me try one more time and maybe this will help, I put a DVD in, it plays for about 20 seconds fine, (usually the "COPYRIGHT WARNING and title of DVD) then the computer goes black into a freeze blue screen mode with telling me of a serious problem, maybe an upgrade to the BIOS is needed...etc.... and then the TECH INFO:
Spent over 7 hours and 7 different people with Gateway tech support, they finally told me I'd have to re-install Windows XP Pro which I find extreme.
Please help.