dvd won't play

April 2, 2004 1:41:01 AM

ok i formatted my comp and started everything afresh.. but the problem is now that my dvd's won't run from the CD/DVD drive..
CDs play and copy just fine, and I have PowerDVD installed in the comp..
My region code is correct (Australia), but everytime I try to play a DVD it just says there is no disc in drive D..
please help :(

More about : dvd play

April 2, 2004 1:36:05 PM

----- skye wrote: -----

ok i formatted my comp and started everything afresh.. but the problem is now that my dvd's won't run from the CD/DVD drive..
CDs play and copy just fine, and I have PowerDVD installed in the comp..
My region code is correct (Australia), but everytime I try to play a DVD it just says there is no disc in drive D..
please help :(

I have the same problem, when i try to play a DVD it says no disc in drive E: I request for immediate help!! HELP PLEASE!!
Anonymous
April 2, 2004 7:26:06 PM

Let me try one more time and maybe this will help, I put a DVD in, it plays for about 20 seconds fine, (usually the "COPYRIGHT WARNING and title of DVD) then the computer goes black into a freeze blue screen mode with telling me of a serious problem, maybe an upgrade to the BIOS is needed...etc.... and then the TECH INFO:
Spent over 7 hours and 7 different people with Gateway tech support, they finally told me I'd have to re-install Windows XP Pro which I find extreme.
Please help.
April 3, 2004 1:51:05 PM

The solution people! ! ! Someone please help! : (
!