after a year I have reached the conclusion the images out of my 10d are
just too soft, tried playing with the in camera sharpening and after
market programs such as photo shop ce, tried several lenses including 50
mm 1.4 and a 17-35 l usm and still the images lack that film like
zing,the camera is absolute shite for anything other than snapshots of
the kids I personally think that canon made a severe mistake in over
softening the 10d images, given comparison to the razor sharp istd that
my freind purchased the pentax makes my d10 look like a doorstop and the
new Nikon d70 makes the 10d looks like a expensive mistake to me, if I
wanted soft smooth images I would have put bloody cling film over the
lenses, when canon replace the d10 they must go for razor sharpness with
a softening option on the menu or risk loosing out to the other
manufactures who are more on the ball, if you are thinking of buying the
10 d then my advice is test the others first first !
if you want soft images buy the d70 and a roll of cling film
do not believe those who defend the 10d just because they have one !

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

"grant kinsley" <sawbones@uniserve.com> wrote in message

> That's because 1 nickel is substantially more than your photographic
> career has netted you.

Absolutely. I've found Preddiot's website - I made it my mission (nudge
nudge, eh Georgie), and I can assure you that this guy ain't ever sold a
thing. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

"Alan D-W" <alan@somewhere.info> wrote in message

> "grant kinsley" <sawbones@uniserve.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > That's because 1 nickel is substantially more than your photographic
> > career has netted you.
> >

> Absolutely. I've found Preddiot's website - I made it my mission (nudge
> nudge, eh Georgie), and I can assure you that this guy ain't ever sold a
> thing. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Mind sharing it with us? The website, I mean...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

> If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the complaint about soft
> images from Canon owners, I'd be able to retire from my professional
> photography/teaching career.
>
> Look into the Sigma SD10. It is probably best if you start out with a
> brand new system. The Canon EOS platform is going downhill. Their
> quality control is getting worst by the week. Sample variation is at
> an all time high inconsistency level. Put your money into the cutting
> edge of digital photography. Buy a Sigma SD10 body and a few good
> Sigma lenses to start. You couldn't buy a better camera in terms of
> build, image quality, resolution, color accuracy, software, and
> advanced features. And you won't need to spend the extra money on
> those Canon IS lenses because this feature is already built into all
> Sigma bodies.
>
> I currently own a total of 5 Sigma DSLR bodies, 14 Sigma lenses, and a
> Sigma film body too. The build, resolution, features, image quality,
> and software are all superior to any Canon product I have ever owned,
> including the highly overrated 1Ds. And with the Sigma,
> exposure/metering is always *DEAD ON BALLS* accurate!

Lovely, I quite enjoyed reading that bit of fantasy.
JJ

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

> > Look into the Sigma SD10. It is probably best if you start out with a
> > brand new system. The Canon EOS platform is going downhill. Their
> > quality control is getting worst by the week.

click your heels together 3 times to go hoeme...

In article <7blud0lvae2s5rctd7cctfhvrig3k9rk7k@4ax.com>,
Piercing_male@hotmail.com says...
> I know its a knock at preddy, but I also shoot "porn," and find it
> offencive that others depreciate it... it takes just as much work to
> get _good_high_quality_ "porn" shots as it does a stunning BnW
> artistic nude, or a breathtaking landscape.

Timing the money shot is difficult, I hear.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 02:08:55 GMT, Brian C. Baird <nospam@please.no>
wrote:

>In article <7blud0lvae2s5rctd7cctfhvrig3k9rk7k@4ax.com>,
>Piercing_male@hotmail.com says...
>> I know its a knock at preddy, but I also shoot "porn," and find it
>> offencive that others depreciate it... it takes just as much work to
>> get _good_high_quality_ "porn" shots as it does a stunning BnW
>> artistic nude, or a breathtaking landscape.
>
>Timing the money shot is difficult, I hear.

LOL, depends on if you're using Ron Jeremy or not ;-)

--
Jonathan Wilson.
www.somethingerotic.com

> "Alan D-W" <alan@somewhere.info> wrote in message
> >
> > "grant kinsley" <sawbones@uniserve.com> wrote in message
> > > >
> > > That's because 1 nickel is substantially more than your photographic
> > > career has netted you.
> > >

> > Absolutely. I've found Preddiot's website - I made it my mission (nudge
> > nudge, eh Georgie), and I can assure you that this guy ain't ever sold a
> > thing. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.
> >

> Mind sharing it with us? The website, I mean...

Somebody beat me to it!!

>> > Absolutely. I've found Preddiot's website - I made it my mission
>> > (nudge nudge, eh Georgie), and I can assure you that this guy ain't
>> > ever sold a thing. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.
>> >

>> Mind sharing it with us? The website, I mean...
>>
> Somebody beat me to it!!

Alan, what were you waiting for? Something in the works? ;-)

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn

"Richard Cockburn" <cockburn@REMOVEwebjetters.com> wrote in message
> "Alan D-W" <alan@somewhere.info> wrote in

> >> Mind sharing it with us? The website, I mean...
> >>
> > Somebody beat me to it!!
>
> Alan, what were you waiting for? Something in the works? ;-)
>
> --

Well, I was doing a bit more research first, putting together a little
presentation, kind of thing. However, if you wish, go to dpreview.com, go
to the Sigma SLR forum and do a search on sg10 or sg10.3, which is
Preddiot's nick there. Interesting stuff. They really love him (NOT!) over
there.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff

In article <2kaj31F1j5rU1@uni-berlin.de>, Mark Spacey
<vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff

It's 10D dummy. You deserve a Sigma.

"Mark Spacey" <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff

You missed out the 'S' in front of that model designation there, but
otherwise you're absolutely right, the SD10 is poor indeed.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

Mark Spacey <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in news:2kaj31F1j5rU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff

It is far from a poor camera. I own this camera. I have absolutely no
regrets. (and it's 10D, not "d10")

--

"Randall Ainsworth" <rag@nospam.techline.com> wrote in message
> In article <2kaj31F1j5rU1@uni-berlin.de>, Mark Spacey
> <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> > the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff
>

> It's 10D dummy. You deserve a Sigma.

ROTFL .....

I know it's not nice or polite to laugh at mistakes people make, but I must
say when I saw your response, I just couldn't help myself and cracked up.

nick

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,uk.rec.photo.misc (More info?)

"Mark Spacey" <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff

When you do, be sure to pick up a Sigma 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 lens, and an 85mm
f1.8 or 100mm f2. Oh, wait...they don't make those lenses, do they?
And be sure to work on your color compensating skills, they'll come in handy
for getting the colors from the "RAW" Sigma images right.

--

Georgette Preddy wrote:

> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message news:<qosEc.2541$876.2464@fed1read07>...
> > "Mark Spacey" <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
> > > the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff
> > >
> > When you do, be sure to pick up a Sigma 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 lens, and an 85mm
> > f1.8 or 100mm f2.
>
> The Simga 50mm f/2.8 could've easily been pumped up to a 1.8 opening,
> but Simga has too much pride to sell junkier softness
> to its pro base.

who the hell is simga?
they must be new since no one has ever heard of them.

stick with nikon, canon, fuji, and have choices.

> > Oh, wait...they don't make those lenses, do they?
>
> The Simga 50mm f2/8 EX always rates as "best optics ever tested"

> > And be sure to work on your color compensating skills, they'll come in handy
> > for getting the colors from the "RAW" Sigma images right.
>
> Sigma images are simply much more color accurate,

what a load of bs.
simply put, without merit.

"Georgette Preddy" <georgette_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> THese lenses from Canon are basically junk anyway, using the wider
> side of the aperture range looks you are shooting like Liz Taylor

WTF do you know? Why don't you stick to your yellow kid and your strange
missions sg10.3.

Georgette Preddy wrote:

> "Mick Sterbs" <theboss@microfost.com> wrote in message news:<2kfpdmF1m4reU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> > "Georgette Preddy" <georgette_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > THese lenses from Canon are basically junk anyway, using the wider
> > > side of the aperture range looks you are shooting like Liz Taylor
> >
> > WTF do you know? Why don't you stick to your yellow kid and your strange
> > missions sg10.3.
>
> Because I'm too busy being Laurence, Jorge, Betty, Georgio, Nancy,
> Susie, Lionel, Steven, Erik, plus at least 10 more I've forgotten, and
> those are just the living ones, I've also been accused of being dead.
> (Which I'm not)

your brain seems to be dead...

In message <1067e702.0406300255.317db0cc@posting.google.com>,
georgette_preddy@yahoo.com (Georgette Preddy) wrote:

>Canon DSLR also have the worst DR of any DSLRs, bar none,

From a 10D, not even using the extra stop of headroom in RAW, with the
specular highlights, only, clipping in the default development exposure.
Left processing is PS CS' "Shadow/Highlight" tool; right processing is
rubbed through "pushed" image by 3 stops. No other processing:

http://www.pbase.com/image/30794207

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <JPS@no.komm>

On 30 Jun 2004 03:55:14 -0700, georgette_preddy@yahoo.com (Georgette
Preddy) wrote:

>"Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message news:<qosEc.2541$876.2464@fed1read07>...
>> "Mark Spacey" <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Do you know, you have told me what I have been telling myselfe all year,
>> > the d10 is a poor camera, I will try out some sigma stuff
>> >
>> When you do, be sure to pick up a Sigma 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 lens, and an 85mm
>> f1.8 or 100mm f2.
>
>THese lenses from Canon are basically junk anyway, using the wider
>side of the aperture range looks you are shooting like Liz Taylor
>through a stocking. The softness is borderline absurd. The Simga
>50mm f/2.8 could've easily been pumped up to a 1.8 opening, but Simga
>has too much pride to sell junkier softness to its pro base. Canon's
>user base is mor,e prone to a bandwagon mentality so the marketing
>works fine.
>
>> Oh, wait...they don't make those lenses, do they?
>
>No, Sigma doesn't make all-plastic lenses with plastic lens mounts,
>like the total junk 50mm f/1.8 from Canon. Image quality at f1.8
>(through about f5) is worse than the Canon's all-plastic build
>quality.
>
>The Simga 50mm f2/8 EX always rates as "best optics ever tested" in
>pro reviews, and it is sharper at f2.8 than Canon's entire 50mm line
>is at f5 to f8. And it even comes with a stainless steel lens mount
>and all metal construction, something most Canon users are shocked to
>learn.

point to the reviews, I think you (as usual) are pulling that nonsense
out of your hat.

GK

On 30 Jun 2004 22:12:47 -0700, georgette_preddy@yahoo.com (Georgette
Preddy) wrote:

>"Mick Sterbs" <theboss@microfost.com> wrote in message news:<2kfpdmF1m4reU1@uni-berlin.de>...
>> "Georgette Preddy" <georgette_preddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > THese lenses from Canon are basically junk anyway, using the wider
>> > side of the aperture range looks you are shooting like Liz Taylor
>>
>> WTF do you know? Why don't you stick to your yellow kid and your strange
>> missions sg10.3.
>
>Because I'm too busy being Laurence, Jorge, Betty, Georgio, Nancy,
>Susie, Lionel, Steven, Erik, plus at least 10 more I've forgotten, and
>those are just the living ones, I've also been accused of being dead.
>(Which I'm not)

correction .. only braindead ..

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:29:21 -0700, Crownfield <Crownfield@cox.net>
wrote:

>Georgette Preddy wrote:
>>
>> "Skip M" <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote in message news:<qosEc.2541$876.2464@fed1read07>...
>> > "Mark Spacey" <vax2002news@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > >
>> > When you do, be sure to pick up a Sigma 50mm f1.8 or 1.4 lens, and an 85mm
>> > f1.8 or 100mm f2.
>>
>> The Simga 50mm f/2.8 could've easily been pumped up to a 1.8 opening,
>> but Simga has too much pride to sell junkier softness
>> to its pro base.
>
>who the hell is simga?
>they must be new since no one has ever heard of them.

it's the cmaera thet Goerge Perrdy claims to be suing .. !
(the typing nicely follows the stream of ideas ..) :)