won't load DVD

My computer will not load my DVD's or recognize them as having any content. My CD/DVD drive has always worked in the past, but no longer does. I downloaded a new decoder to see if that would solve the problem. This did not solve the problem. I have no problem playing audio CD's, but just DVD's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me with any help. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about load

    I have the same problem, please someone HELP!!

    try uninstalling any cd/dvd burning software , then try again . especially
    roxio , it has a known problem ;-)

    This is a common problem. First of al IMHO, Roxio is horrible, stick with Nero id you want any quality. Anyway to solve this without destroying your installation of windows(I did at first), boot into Bios and change the I/O mode to DMA Mode 4. Try that. If it doesnt work, try the others. This will solve your problem. I don't know why this gets changed but it sometimes does and is infuriating. Remeber, this is important Roxio software does not play ell with Nero software. If they are on the same box forget the CD/DVD burning altogether. I hope this helps.

Video DVD CD-Rom Windows XP