Johnny

Hi. What is the better video card, gforce440 64 MB pci slot. or Raedon 7000 32MB AGP slot card. thk you for your help

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go to the PC Magazine web site and look for video card reviews.

"Johnny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. What is the better video card, gforce440 64 MB pci slot. or Raedon
7000 32MB AGP slot card. thk you for your help

Damien

Actually, the first question I'd like to ask you is what type of AGP slot can your motherboard handle? 2x. 4x, 8x? Video editing is very taxing on the videocard and if you plan on doing any type of realtime editing you must go for the gusto and spend the exptra bucks on one of the newest Nvidia or ATI cards available. My preference is Nvidia, I have had lots of ATI drivr incompatibility issues in the past - especially with my old Pinnalce capture system. Go with the Nvidia fx 5700 chipset in a videocard if you can afford it. If not, wait until you can, you'll appreciate it in the long run. My 2 cents. Good luck.