XP Powertoys -- Timershot

I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this, but I installed
Timershot from XP Powertoys. It installs but does not detect my webcam
which does work with other software. Under device it does not show any, and
status says "No Device Available". I tried reinstalling but that didn't
work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

benjamin

Yep, I have been having the same problem. I have both a USB cam and a video capture card and niether are detected in the timershot program. I think that a troubleshooting guide should come with it.

I wouldn't think that having the webcam driver program install on a
different partition than Timershot would make a difference since it is
listed in the device manager.

Has anyone out there have timershot working -- and if so are the drivers
installed on the same partition as Timershot?

"benjamin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yep, I have been having the same problem. I have both a USB cam and a
video capture card and niether are detected in the timershot program. I
think that a troubleshooting guide should come with it.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Wayne A Lewis" <walewis@bresnan.net> wrote in message news:<c9Hbc.172831$1p.2098811@attbi_s54>...
> I don't know if this is the right newsgroup for this, but I installed
> Timershot from XP Powertoys. It installs but does not detect my webcam
> which does work with other software. Under device it does not show any, and
> status says "No Device Available". I tried reinstalling but that didn't
> work either.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

I could never get that Powertoy to work despite the fact that every
other program detects my cam.

A better place to ask would be over in alt.comp.freeware

I know they've had discussion threads in the past about alternatives.

Eric

TRENDING THREADS