Windows 7

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Laptops
  • Windows 7
  • Printers
Last response: in Windows 7
December 15, 2010 6:27:55 PM

Laptop running windows 7, cannot print to a printer directly connected via a USB cable to a US robotics USR4361 Router. Yes I can connect to the internet via the router. However I can print to the printer if I directly connect it to my HP laptop. I have two other wireless Laptops running Vista home prem that can print to the printer.

More about : windows

December 15, 2010 7:00:52 PM

More details plz
m
l
December 15, 2010 7:15:11 PM

Not sure what other details you require.
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2010 8:36:55 PM

So let me explain this to the best of my ability.
I have a US Robotics router usr4361 that is directly hard wired to a HP MP830 printer using a USB cable.
I have a HP wireless laptop running Windows 7 that using the Router I can connect to the internet.
I am trying to connect the HP wireless laptop to the printer going through the router.
If I remove the USB cable from the router and connect it to the HP Laptop I can print.......I did this for testing purposes only. This is not what I want to do because I have two other wireless Laptops running off the router and using the printer. I would like to have all three laptops working the same way. The other two Laptops have Windows Vista Prem running on them.

m
l
December 16, 2010 3:05:16 AM

Ok, so you mean on a network ?
I has to be configured in network/devices.. Try to check your settings.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2010 7:17:38 PM

question:
is everybody on the network using win7.?
m
l
December 17, 2010 11:03:38 AM

Thanks all I got it. When I was installing the printer port it kept defaulting to the TCP/IP port. I needed use an internet port. I deleted the TCP/IP port, this allow me to configure an internet port. It was not easy to delete the TCP/IP port. You had to go into start type in regedit / current control set / control / print / monitors / and delete the port in the Standard TCP/IP
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 17, 2010 1:18:28 PM

^
there's an easier way to do that but I'm glad it worked for you...
m
l