bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm upgrading my video card to a RADEON 9600 PRO. The
installation CD is used and I restart the computer as
requested, however, the computer will only start in safe
mode because, as it says, there is a device problem and
that the drivers are not functioning. I can go into
Display Adapters and reinstall the drivers and the
computer recoginzes everything and all is well, but upon
restarting the computer the safe mode thing starts over
again? Is there some kind of setting in the comp I'm
overlooking?

Bryan,
Try downloading the latest driver from ATI's website:
http://www.ati.com/home/online/CatalystXPdriver.html

Quite often the driver that ships with a video card is several revisions
old. To make sure there aren't any installation problem download the
driver. Uninstall the old Radeon Driver, boot into VGA Mode by hitting F8
just after your bios screen but just before the windows logo screen. Then
install the latest driver you download while in VGA Mode.

--
Thanks,
Lance Naugle