Can't play DVD in Home XP

Over the weekend, put in a Blockbuster DVD in my DVD CD
drive, Windows Media Player opened and I received a
message about an incompatible decoder and I can't play the
movie. I remember when I upgraded to Home XP, the system
report said something about a problem with my DVD drive. I
could play movies in Windows ME.

What do I need to do, buy a new DVD CD drive, or download
software?

Thanks for the responses in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about play home

    Try installing the player that came with the dvd drive. Typically windvd or
    powerdvd is included in the package. That will install the necessary codecs

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP
    "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Over the weekend, put in a Blockbuster DVD in my DVD CD
    > drive, Windows Media Player opened and I received a
    > message about an incompatible decoder and I can't play the
    > movie. I remember when I upgraded to Home XP, the system
    > report said something about a problem with my DVD drive. I
    > could play movies in Windows ME.
    >
    > What do I need to do, buy a new DVD CD drive, or download
    > software?
    >
    > Thanks for the responses in advance.

Video DVD Windows XP