Higher capacity writable DVD formats

My understanding is that double-layer writable DVDs will be about 8.4
(decimal) gigs. Is that correct? Does anyone know when they will be
available?

What is the expected capacity of blue laser writable DVDs and when are
they expected to be in the stores?

What is the expected capacity of blue laser, double-layer writable DVDs
and when are they expected to be in the stores?

Are there any plans to increase the capacity of DVD-RAM discs? If there
are, what is the capacity expected to be and when are they expected to
be available?

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

"Daniel Prince" <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My understanding is that double-layer writable DVDs will be about 8.4
> (decimal) gigs. Is that correct? Does anyone know when they will be
> available?
>
> What is the expected capacity of blue laser writable DVDs and when are
> they expected to be in the stores?
>
> What is the expected capacity of blue laser, double-layer writable DVDs
> and when are they expected to be in the stores?
>
> Are there any plans to increase the capacity of DVD-RAM discs? If there
> are, what is the capacity expected to be and when are they expected to
> be available?
>
> Thank you in advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

If your wanting large removable storage then take a look at this
http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/review.php?reviewId=404

DVD's are so

yesterday ;)

Daniel Prince <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote in message

> My understanding is that double-layer writable DVDs
> will be about 8.4 (decimal) gigs. Is that correct?
> Does anyone know when they will be available?

> What is the expected capacity of blue laser writable
> DVDs and when are they expected to be in the stores?

> What is the expected capacity of blue laser, double-layer
> writable DVDs and when are they expected to be in the stores?

One local flogger of DVD stuff claims late this year.