New IBM, Hitachi 120 Gig HDD the fastest and best ?

Just want a new drive for my NEW system, and would like to put a
Raptor into it but can't brign myself to pay that much for such a
SMALL drive.

Anyway the Hitachi drive beats it and is close in all areas to the
Raptor so ill comprimise.

Any thoughts on the drive anyone got one ?

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about hitachi fastest

    We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:

    > Just want a new drive for my NEW system, and would like to put a
    > Raptor into it but can't brign myself to pay that much for such a
    > SMALL drive.
    >
    > Anyway the Hitachi drive beats it and is close in all areas to the
    > Raptor so ill comprimise.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the drive anyone got one ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Maybe in 5 or 10 years I'll be ready to buy another IBM drive.

    I've had one for about 4 months now and I really like it. There were some
    performance specs online that looked good and I liked the 3 year warranty I
    got. Go for it.

    Did you read any reviews before you bought it ?/

    Do you have some numbers for me via HDtach ?

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:16:01 -0600, "yubba" <doo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I've had one for about 4 months now and I really like it. There were some
    >performance specs online that looked good and I liked the 3 year warranty I
    >got. Go for it.

    http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200310/20031007HDS722525VLSA80_sp.html

    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/ibm-180gxp/?14244

    These are kind of old, but I remember looking at stuff like this when I was
    checking things out.

    How about your own numbers in HdTach what are they ?

    On Sat, 1 May 2004 13:49:41 -0600, "yubba" <doo@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200310/20031007HDS722525VLSA80_sp.html
    >
    >http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/ibm-180gxp/?14244
    >
    >These are kind of old, but I remember looking at stuff like this when I was
    >checking things out.

    Random Access Time 12.9 ms
    Read Burst Speed 12.7 mb/s

    Read speed max 12.5 mb/s, minimum 8.4 mb/s, average 11.9 mb/s (sequential
    speed took a dip at 117GB)

    run at CPU utilization 10.5%

    HDTach ver 2.7 reported as PhysicalDrive 123.5 GB

Hitachi IBM Raptor Hard Drives Storage