New IBM, Hitachi 120 Gig HDD the fastest and best ?

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
May 1, 2004 10:35:32 AM

Just want a new drive for my NEW system, and would like to put a
Raptor into it but can't brign myself to pay that much for such a
SMALL drive.

Anyway the Hitachi drive beats it and is close in all areas to the
Raptor so ill comprimise.

Any thoughts on the drive anyone got one ?

Thanks.
May 1, 2004 10:35:33 AM

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:

> Just want a new drive for my NEW system, and would like to put a
> Raptor into it but can't brign myself to pay that much for such a
> SMALL drive.
>
> Anyway the Hitachi drive beats it and is close in all areas to the
> Raptor so ill comprimise.
>
> Any thoughts on the drive anyone got one ?
>
> Thanks.

Maybe in 5 or 10 years I'll be ready to buy another IBM drive.

a b G Storage
May 1, 2004 10:35:34 AM

I've had one for about 4 months now and I really like it. There were some
performance specs online that looked good and I liked the 3 year warranty I
got. Go for it.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 1, 2004 11:29:22 PM

Did you read any reviews before you bought it ?/

Do you have some numbers for me via HDtach ?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:16:01 -0600, "yubba" <doo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've had one for about 4 months now and I really like it. There were some
>performance specs online that looked good and I liked the 3 year warranty I
>got. Go for it.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 3, 2004 8:58:12 PM

Random Access Time 12.9 ms
Read Burst Speed 12.7 mb/s

Read speed max 12.5 mb/s, minimum 8.4 mb/s, average 11.9 mb/s (sequential
speed took a dip at 117GB)

run at CPU utilization 10.5%

HDTach ver 2.7 reported as PhysicalDrive 123.5 GB
!