HELP HELP NETWORKING RESOURCES

Anyone out there that can help me please please I am going mad!! I have a router and wireless connection with a desktop and laptop. Wireless connection is fine, with internet sharing, however on the LAN both can see each other PC and Laptop PC can access laptop files, but laptop cannot see PC files error is is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. this is from the PC. Both machines are on XP Home. Any more info needed. Please contact or give me a site to help me or I will go insane. Thank you in anticipation to all you nice people out there.
4 answers Last reply
More about help networking resources

    Is the firewall disabled on the PC ?
    If so, then setup a username/password on both systems
    that is the same and turn off the simple file sharing.

    Bain,
    I had to enable some additional protecols for mine to work righ
    rea

    "dar bain" wrote:

    > Anyone out there that can help me please please I am going mad!! I have a router and wireless connection with a desktop and laptop. Wireless connection is fine, with internet sharing, however on the LAN both can see each other PC and Laptop PC can access laptop files, but laptop cannot see PC files error is is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. this is from the PC. Both machines are on XP Home. Any more info needed. Please contact or give me a site to help me or I will go insane. Thank you in anticipation to all you nice people out there.

    I am trying to network a Desktop running XP Pro and a Notebook also running
    XP Pro. This to enable me to use each other's programs/files and my printer.
    Both can connect to the my ASDL connection via wireless Router. I have tried
    setting up using Network Setup, both are set to the same Workgroup, but I
    cannot get them to connect to each other. On the Desktop I can see HOME but
    when I try the Notebook I come up with BRINET is not accessible. You might
    not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the Administrator
    of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A list of servers
    for this workgoup is not currently available.

    I am the administrator on both computers, I have Norton installed on both.
    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

    There are a couple of ways to do this:
    1. Turn on the "Simple File Sharing". Go to Control Pane, chose Tools -->
    Folder options --> View.
    But then you need to put the files that you are going to share under
    all users --> shared document.
    If you use simple file sharing, then you don't need to match the
    username and password on your two machines.

    2. Turn off "Simple File Sharing", make sure you have the same username
    and password on both machines.
    You can also turn off the firewall to make sure that it is not blocking
    your file share.

    Yi Chen (MSFT)

    "Tyreman" <Tyreman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to network a Desktop running XP Pro and a Notebook also running
    > XP Pro. This to enable me to use each other's programs/files and my
    > printer.
    > Both can connect to the my ASDL connection via wireless Router. I have
    > tried
    > setting up using Network Setup, both are set to the same Workgroup, but I
    > cannot get them to connect to each other. On the Desktop I can see HOME
    > but
    > when I try the Notebook I come up with BRINET is not accessible. You might
    > not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
    > Administrator
    > of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A list of
    > servers
    > for this workgoup is not currently available.
    >
    > I am the administrator on both computers, I have Norton installed on both.
    > Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Laptops Wireless Networking Wireless Networking