Can't Watch DVD

Susan

I do have two computers 1 Desktop and Laptop. I upgraded
the Desktop from XP HOME to XP PRO, but I can't Watch
DVD. Also, I upgraded my Laptop from Win ME to Win 2k and
I can't watch either a DVD Movie, Please anybody help

Windows does not come with DVD decoder software. You must install a third
party app such as PowerDVD in order to watch DVDs with either version of
Windows XP.

Bobby

"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I do have two computers 1 Desktop and Laptop. I upgraded
> the Desktop from XP HOME to XP PRO, but I can't Watch
> DVD. Also, I upgraded my Laptop from Win ME to Win 2k and
> I can't watch either a DVD Movie, Please anybody help

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That's odd - I have a DVD Player from Microsoft as part of my installation
of XP Pro. It works with Windows Media Player 9. Look for
\windows\system32\dvdplay.exe

"NoNoBadDog!" <nospam_bjsledge@pixi.com> wrote in message
> Windows does not come with DVD decoder software. You must install a third
> party app such as PowerDVD in order to watch DVDs with either version of
> Windows XP.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I do have two computers 1 Desktop and Laptop. I upgraded
> > the Desktop from XP HOME to XP PRO, but I can't Watch
> > DVD. Also, I upgraded my Laptop from Win ME to Win 2k and
> > I can't watch either a DVD Movie, Please anybody help

Then you have a truly unique copy of WinXP. I would suggest that you
insure it for a fairly large sum of money, because every *other* copy of
WindowsXP does not include a native DVD decoder codec.

Bobby