a video capture device was not detected

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a canon DV camera with firewire plug but when i
conected to the pc neither the pc nor Moviemaker2
recognize it. the camera did not come with any software
for firewire just for the photo download option through
USB. Could someone please help me to do something I dont
know what to do next.

thank you in advance

Did you turn the camcorder on and in VCR mode?

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a canon DV camera with firewire plug but when i
> conected to the pc neither the pc nor Moviemaker2
> recognize it. the camera did not come with any software
> for firewire just for the photo download option through
> USB. Could someone please help me to do something I dont
> know what to do next.
>
> thank you in advance

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes I did but nothing happened

And the camera is connected to AC power and NOT using the battery?

> Yes I did but nothing happened

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes pluged in to AC and not using batery power. Still
nothing!

Hi there
I have a similar problem. I have a SONY DV TRV12E and my PC(XP) wont recognize it. It works fine with the USB connection but not trough firewire. I have tried everything. An old JVC camera works fine on the computer and my SONY works fine on an old computer(ME)!!! but not with XP. Strange, right? It seems as if My DV needs driver to work through firewire. Really hope you can help.