MSN Video stays at "Preparing Media"

April 9, 2004 10:39:38 AM

It used to work. Maybe one of the Norton Firewall program updates closed a
port, but I can't find anything about MSN Video at Symantec. The MSN Video
"Help" isn't helpful in this case. I have installed "MSN Video Enhanced"
hoping that would configure something right. I keep up with the latest
Microsoft updates such as DirectX 9.1b (or something close to that). I
stayed signed in to .NET.

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Roy
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 12:11:04 PM

----- Lanning wrote: -----

It used to work. Maybe one of the Norton Firewall program updates closed a
port, but I can't find anything about MSN Video at Symantec. The MSN Video
"Help" isn't helpful in this case. I have installed "MSN Video Enhanced"
hoping that would configure something right. I keep up with the latest
Microsoft updates such as DirectX 9.1b (or something close to that). I
stayed signed in to .NET.

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Roy
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 7:15:58 PM

Yes, please. You were about to say something?

| ----- Lanning wrote: -----
|
| It used to work. Maybe one of the Norton Firewall program updates
closed a
| port, but I can't find anything about MSN Video at Symantec. The MSN
Video
| "Help" isn't helpful in this case. I have installed "MSN Video
Enhanced"
| hoping that would configure something right. I keep up with the
latest
| Microsoft updates such as DirectX 9.1b (or something close to that).
| stayed signed in to .NET.
|
| Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.
|
| Roy

April 19, 2004 1:58:28 PM

I disabled Norton Internet Security while playing MSN Video and was able to
view, then enabled NIS when through. Worked fine only if NIS is disabled.

"Lanning" <LanningREMOOVE@THIScox.net> wrote in message
> Yes, please. You were about to say something?
>

> | ----- Lanning wrote: -----
> |
> | It used to work. Maybe one of the Norton Firewall program updates
> closed a
> | port, but I can't find anything about MSN Video at Symantec. The
MSN
> Video
> | "Help" isn't helpful in this case. I have installed "MSN Video
> Enhanced"
> | hoping that would configure something right. I keep up with the
> latest
> | Microsoft updates such as DirectX 9.1b (or something close to
that).
> | stayed signed in to .NET.
> |
> | Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.
> |
> | Roy

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 3:39:48 PM

I have the same problem. and I am looking for the same answer. NO help from
Symantec or MSN.
MSN says its the NIS firewall but Symantec has nothing on NIS 2004 for
Windows Media Player 9. They do have articles on NIS 2002 which did not
help.

Dan

"Lee Page" <sbl@_no_spam_verizonmail.com> wrote in message
> I disabled Norton Internet Security while playing MSN Video and was able
> view, then enabled NIS when through. Worked fine only if NIS is disabled.
>

> "Lanning" <LanningREMOOVE@THIScox.net> wrote in message
> > Yes, please. You were about to say something?
> >

> > | ----- Lanning wrote: -----
> > |
> > | It used to work. Maybe one of the Norton Firewall program updates
> > closed a
> > | port, but I can't find anything about MSN Video at Symantec. The
> MSN
> > Video
> > | "Help" isn't helpful in this case. I have installed "MSN Video
> > Enhanced"
> > | hoping that would configure something right. I keep up with the
> > latest
> > | Microsoft updates such as DirectX 9.1b (or something close to
> that).
> > | stayed signed in to .NET.
> > |
> > | Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.
> > |
> > | Roy

July 29, 2004 1:42:02 AM

In your message you wrote:
>MSN Video staýs in "preparing media". When I disable Norton Internet Security I am able to see the video clip I have selected.

Dave, this issue can occur if the Ad blocking or personal firewall feature of Norton Internet Security [NIS] is blocking the service.

For more information, I suggest that you please refer the documented link provided below:

Title: 'Norton Internet Security blocks web radio or video service'
Document ID: 2003103015493536
> Web URL:
> http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.nsf/docid/2003...

I hope this of some help.
Dave

"Dan Healy" wrote:

> I have the same problem. and I am looking for the same answer. NO help from
> Symantec or MSN.
> MSN says its the NIS firewall but Symantec has nothing on NIS 2004 for
> Windows Media Player 9. They do have articles on NIS 2002 which did not
> help.
>
> Dan
>
> "Lee Page" <sbl@_no_spam_verizonmail.com> wrote in message
> > I disabled Norton Internet Security while playing MSN Video and was able
> > view, then enabled NIS when through. Worked fine only if NIS is disabled.
> >

> > "Lanning" <LanningREMOOVE@THIScox.net> wrote in message
> > > Yes, please. You were about to say something?

> > > closed a
> > MSN
> > > Video
> > > Enhanced"
> > > latest
> > that).

August 27, 2004 1:21:02 PM

i'm having a similar problem in msn explorer, however, i use mcafee
viruscan's firewall. what's weird is i can go to ie explorer and play msn
videos with no problem. when i disable the firewall, i still have the same
problem. this didnt begin to occur until msn changed the look of the msn
video recently.

!