Drive Image 7: Can restore only 1 part w/o affecting 2nd?

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
May 7, 2004 10:27:19 PM

I partitioned my main drive into c: and d:, but have only been using
DI7 to image c: ... if I restore one of the c: images can it restore
right into the existing c: partition? or will it just restore the
imaged c: to the entire disk (thus overwriting the d: part)?

More about : drive image restore part affecting 2nd

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 8, 2004 6:11:42 AM

Markeau wrote:
> I partitioned my main drive into c: and d:, but have only been using
> DI7 to image c: ... if I restore one of the c: images can it restore
> right into the existing c: partition? or will it just restore the
> imaged c: to the entire disk (thus overwriting the d: part)?

No, when you select the C : partition the C: partition will be replaced with
the one stored in the image file. D: will be unaffected.

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 8, 2004 5:09:54 PM

Michael Kimmer wrote:
> Markeau wrote:
>> I partitioned my main drive into c: and d:, but have only been
using
>> DI7 to image c: ... if I restore one of the c: images can it
restore
>> right into the existing c: partition? or will it just restore the
>> imaged c: to the entire disk (thus overwriting the d: part)?
>
> No, when you select the C : partition the C: partition will be
> replaced with the one stored in the image file. D: will be
unaffected.

Indeed ... the restore went great!
!