zman

Anyone know if the Hi-Def pack (found on the old blue shift cd)
can be used in Steam's Half_Life? Sure would be nice to use
that option. Won rocked!

Thanks for any info....

shawk

zman wrote:
> Anyone know if the Hi-Def pack (found on the old blue shift cd)
> can be used in Steam's Half_Life? Sure would be nice to use
> that option. Won rocked!
>
> Thanks for any info....

Hiya zman,

I printed the guide for doing this from

http://www.jan-ripper.de/articles/steam_hd/index.html

haven't had time to try it yet so let me know how it turns out.

--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...

"zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if the Hi-Def pack (found on the old blue shift cd)
> can be used in Steam's Half_Life? Sure would be nice to use
> that option. Won rocked!
>
> Thanks for any info....

The answer is, to date, a definitive *NO*. blue shift is not a Valve
mod and they cannot include/support it. Sadly.
McG.

zman

It worked great! I really appreciate it. I had to download
Pakscape and that was about as hard as it was.
Directions score a 10 of 10.

Thanks a bunch!

> zman wrote:
>> Anyone know if the Hi-Def pack (found on the old blue shift cd)
>> can be used in Steam's Half_Life? Sure would be nice to use
>> that option. Won rocked!
>>
>> Thanks for any info....

> Hiya zman,
>
> I printed the guide for doing this from
>
> http://www.jan-ripper.de/articles/steam_hd/index.html
>
> haven't had time to try it yet so let me know how it turns out.
>

> --
> I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
> 'done it'...
> What do you mean?
> Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
> Yes...
> What's it like?

McGrandpa <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> "zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote in message
>> Anyone know if the Hi-Def pack (found on the old blue shift cd)
>> can be used in Steam's Half_Life? Sure would be nice to use
>> that option. Won rocked!
>>
>> Thanks for any info....

> The answer is, to date, a definitive *NO*. blue shift is not a Valve
> mod and they cannot include/support it. Sadly.
> McG.

Nor was Opposing Force but they included that on Steam.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

"EvilBill" wrote

> I think elsewhere in this thread there was a link posted to get the
> high-def pak working in Steam. Haven't seen anything about getting Blue
> Shift itself to work with it

BlueShift is using a slightly different bsp format, which is not compatible
with HL1 (or Steam)
BlueShift ships with it's own core binaries

Now I would have loved to see a source version of Gunmans Chronicle ....
Oh well :)

- Peter

Peter Lykkegaard <peter.aghl@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> "EvilBill" wrote
>
>> I think elsewhere in this thread there was a link posted to get the
>> high-def pak working in Steam. Haven't seen anything about getting
>> Blue Shift itself to work with it
>
> BlueShift is using a slightly different bsp format, which is not
> compatible with HL1 (or Steam)
> BlueShift ships with it's own core binaries

Aha, that'll explain it.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:36:41 GMT, "zman" <zman@airnautique.com> wrote:

>It worked great! I really appreciate it. I had to download
>Pakscape and that was about as hard as it was.
>Directions score a 10 of 10.
>
>Thanks a bunch!

The instructions were clear but I ended up with large red 3-D block
letters reading "ERROR" wherever a weapon model or charactor model was
supposed to be. Any idea where I went wrong?