Freezing poss gforce

I need help as I've tried everything

XP pro
epox 8kta+ mboard
AMD 1200 duron (An ageing PC not ready for upgrade)
Nvidia gforce 4 MX420
Sblaster 64
327 mb 133ram
home network netgear wireless router adsl with FA311
router card

Problem is constant system freezing. having to reset to
get going. Using all latest drivers inc direct x 9b and
bios. Changed IDE cables.

When trying to set the screen saver to 3d text and
previewing freezes up. Please help someone.

Many thanks

Kevin (UK)

Bring up Windows Task Manager by hitting Ctrl-alt-Del. Click twice at the
top on CPU on the Processes tab. This will sort the CPU usage percentages
and the high percentages will be at the top. You will be able to tell which
processes are tying up your system.

You probably have a problem with an old sound card or display driver. Go to
the website of these cards and download the latest drivers.

If I was you I would go back to Windows 98. XP works differently than 98 and
is not well suited for older systems.