I done the unthinkable!!!

I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders) and
used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for the rest
of the game.

I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn damn
shame.

Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.

But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.
28 answers Last reply
More about unthinkable

    WannaPieceOfme wrote on 3/10/2005 7:35 PM:
    > I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders) and
    > used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for the rest
    > of the game.
    >
    > I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn damn
    > shame.
    >
    > Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.
    >
    > But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.

    I had to cheat where you use those turrets to defend the room. Then
    again, I cheated the second time through. That section was hard and not
    that fun. The striders are fun so I didnt want to cheat. The trick with
    the striders is to rab your rockets and go back downstairs to kill them.

    Jim

    "WannaPieceOfme" <wellthereyougothen@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders)
    > and used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it
    > for the rest of the game.
    >
    > I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn
    > damn shame.
    >
    > Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.
    >
    > But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.

    It's ok [pats him on the shoulder] we all know how ya feel there.
    Temptation can at times be just too much. As for me, I was happy to
    find that the Reloads After Dying were pretty quick. It's a good thing,
    cause I sure got Gordon killed a LOT, especially that close to the end.
    After finishing the game, I replayed it again, with no cheats. Just got
    thru it in 4 days instead of 3 weeks :)
    Whew! What a ride! Now, after a few replays, I'm playing with whatever
    pleases me, just exploring it all.
    McG.

    HeHe.. Never give up... Blood, sweat and tears... Took me about 50
    deaths and try again to get through that part but I finally made
    it....

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:35:40 -0000, "WarmhEarteDness"
    <wellthereyougothen@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    >I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders) and
    >used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for the rest
    >of the game.
    >
    >I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn damn
    >shame.
    >
    >Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.
    >
    >But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.

    "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power. It burns those who fight
    its progress. And one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
    our world."

    Cannon Fodder wrote:

    > HeHe.. Never give up... Blood, sweat and tears... Took me about 50
    > deaths and try again to get through that part but I finally made
    > it....

    Yeah, I stuck it out too. It's a matter of pride with me. I can't cheat AT
    ALL the first run through. After that, it's play time!

    "WannaPieceOfme" <wellthereyougothen@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders) and
    >used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for the rest
    >of the game.

    The trick with striders is to take a quick peek to see where they are; fire
    into the air in that direction from behind cover and then pop out briefly to
    guide the missile in for the hit. This way your only real exposure is
    getting the ammo.

    There is a small problem of a bug in the targetting system that sometiimes
    causes the missile to loop endlessly round the strider without closing in -
    when this happens you've just got to let it go.

    > I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn damn
    > shame.
    >
    > Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.

    If you're really stuck then use a walkthrough rather than a cheat - that's
    what I did for the prison turret gun section (which appears to be unplayable
    without using "tricks").

    > But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.

    It's never the same second time round - I suggest that you at least make it
    a bit different by running the HL2Substance mod.

    "Nick Hounsome" <nh002@nickhounsome.me.uk> wrote in message

    > "WannaPieceOfme" <wellthereyougothen@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    snippy snip

    > If you're really stuck then use a walkthrough rather than a cheat - that's
    > what I did for the prison turret gun section (which appears to be
    unplayable
    > without using "tricks").

    after dying half a dozen times pretty quickly, i put all 3 auto-sentries in
    the same corridor & hid in the room with spare smg-launched grenades.
    job's a goodun & no tricks

    dr ratt

    "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    > Cannon Fodder wrote:
    >
    >> HeHe.. Never give up... Blood, sweat and tears... Took me about 50
    >> deaths and try again to get through that part but I finally made
    >> it....
    >>

    > Yeah, I stuck it out too. It's a matter of pride with me. I can't
    > cheat AT ALL the first run through. After that, it's play time!

    I heard *that* man! :) Seems to be an unspoken gamer rule an awful
    lot of us abide. Some even think it's lame to ask for tips and pointers
    in the ng's for the first run thru :) I don't. Not if you're really
    stuck and still don't want to use the cheats.
    McG.

    >I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders) and
    >used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for the rest
    >of the game.
    >
    > I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn damn
    > shame.
    >
    > Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.
    >
    > But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.

    The Striders were frustrating ... I was more lucky than good, and I slogged
    through it to get to the end.

    On the other hand I feel no shame in using cheats in a game I mastered. It
    allows you to explore things, figure stuff out, see behind the scenes, see
    what happens if etc ... And of course get a little revenge on the cheating
    computer that doesn't always play by the rules either ...

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > I heard *that* man! :) Seems to be an unspoken gamer rule an awful
    > lot of us abide. Some even think it's lame to ask for tips and pointers
    > in the ng's for the first run thru :) I don't. Not if you're really
    > stuck and still don't want to use the cheats.

    Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for about 2
    days!!

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> I heard *that* man! :) Seems to be an unspoken gamer rule an awful
    >> lot of us abide. Some even think it's lame to ask for tips and
    >> pointers in the ng's for the first run thru :) I don't. Not if
    >> you're really stuck and still don't want to use the cheats.
    >
    > Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for
    > about 2 days!!

    Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the FPS
    types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of those :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the FPS
    > types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of those :)

    It was a very fun game...

    I am a huge FPS fan, but stick mainly to Quake-engined games.

    On 3/11/2005 3:00 PM sittingduck brightened our day with:

    >McGrandpa wrote:
    >

    >>Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the FPS
    >>types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of those :)
    >>

    >It was a very fun game...
    >
    >I am a huge FPS fan, but stick mainly to Quake-engined games.

    I played Mafia for a very little bit. As soon as I got to the point
    where I was driving around with the clock counting down, I was out.
    There was no way that any game that had that early on as something that
    was supposed to draw me into it was going to be of any interest to me.
    On the other hand, Vampire: Bloodlines, very early on had crazy vampire
    strippers.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Jim wrote:
    > WannaPieceOfme wrote on 3/10/2005 7:35 PM:
    >
    >> I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders)
    >> and used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it for
    >> the rest of the game.
    >>
    >> I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn
    >> damn shame.
    >>
    >> Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.
    >>
    >> But I will replay it again without cheats when I build my new rig.
    >>
    > I had to cheat where you use those turrets to defend the room. Then
    > again, I cheated the second time through. That section was hard and not
    > that fun. The striders are fun so I didnt want to cheat. The trick with
    > the striders is to rab your rockets and go back downstairs to kill them.
    >
    > Jim
    The "protect yourself with three turrets" area had me beat until I
    hunted around for other peoples solutions. I then saw that I was slowly
    drifting that way and it made it a bigger personal failure that I gave
    up too soon.

    I also was totally clueless about the ability to turn valves on pipes
    until I read it online. I spent a week trying to arrange drums in
    pyramids that I could climb. Th explosive drums don't play well with
    others ;-)

    Gee, who would have thought that VALVes could be manipulated in this
    game?.........

    "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    > On 3/11/2005 3:00 PM sittingduck brightened our day with:
    >
    >> McGrandpa wrote:
    >>

    >>> Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like
    >>> the FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play
    >>> all of those :)
    >>
    >> It was a very fun game...
    >>
    >> I am a huge FPS fan, but stick mainly to Quake-engined games.
    >>

    > I played Mafia for a very little bit. As soon as I got to the point
    > where I was driving around with the clock counting down, I was out.
    > There was no way that any game that had that early on as something
    > that was supposed to draw me into it was going to be of any interest
    > to me. On the other hand, Vampire: Bloodlines, very early on had
    > crazy vampire strippers.

    But how's the playability? ;)
    McG.

    jOhN wrote:

    > I also was totally clueless about the ability to turn valves on pipes
    > until I read it online. I spent a week trying to arrange drums in
    > pyramids that I could climb. Th explosive drums don't play well with
    > others ;-)

    HAHA! I got stuck there a while too...

    On 3/12/2005 12:01 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

    >>I played Mafia for a very little bit. As soon as I got to the point
    >>where I was driving around with the clock counting down, I was out.
    >>There was no way that any game that had that early on as something
    >>that was supposed to draw me into it was going to be of any interest
    >>to me. On the other hand, Vampire: Bloodlines, very early on had
    >>crazy vampire strippers.
    >>

    >But how's the playability? ;)
    >McG.

    Ya know the playability is great. It's the first game in a while I had
    to stop playing, because I was playing it to much. I went for a couple
    of months just nibbling at it then in the last three days I've been
    playing 5-6 hours a night. And I'll probably do the same again today,
    there is a lot of content in it, besides the fact that rpgs take me a
    real long time.

    Did you ever get around to playing Deus Ex 1? As many have said it's a
    lot like that.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    > On 3/12/2005 12:01 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
    >
    >>> I played Mafia for a very little bit. As soon as I got to the
    >>> point where I was driving around with the clock counting down, I
    >>> was out. There was no way that any game that had that early on as
    >>> something that was supposed to draw me into it was going to be of
    >>> any interest to me. On the other hand, Vampire: Bloodlines, very
    >>> early on had crazy vampire strippers.
    >>>

    >> But how's the playability? ;)
    >> McG.
    >>

    > Ya know the playability is great. It's the first game in a while I
    > had to stop playing, because I was playing it to much. I went for a
    > couple of months just nibbling at it then in the last three days I've
    > been playing 5-6 hours a night. And I'll probably do the same again
    > today, there is a lot of content in it, besides the fact that rpgs
    > take me a real long time.
    >
    > Did you ever get around to playing Deus Ex 1? As many have said it's
    > a lot like that.

    I've been playing mostly IL2, Doom3 (now finished), HL2 (finished a
    bunch of times). Do have it installed, and DE:IW still also. I've
    started it, but not actually completed my 'training' as yet :) I'm
    having to learn a new level of patience to do what the game wants me to.
    Stealth, to be precise :o) I'm more of a wham-bam-thankee-ma'am kinda
    guy this way. Stealth is...er...new. I hear it is a long game too.
    Far longer than DE:IW. But with DE, I should get to play all the back
    story I missed with IW. And now Ive got the time to get into it. No
    gf or so to bug me, kids are all well situated for the time being, OT at
    work has finally dropped off for me.
    McG.
    McG.

    On 3/12/2005 10:08 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

    >"LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    >

    >>On 3/12/2005 12:01 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

    >>>But how's the playability? ;)
    >>>McG.
    >>>

    >>Ya know the playability is great. It's the first game in a while I
    >>had to stop playing, because I was playing it to much. I went for a
    >>couple of months just nibbling at it then in the last three days I've
    >>been playing 5-6 hours a night. And I'll probably do the same again
    >>today, there is a lot of content in it, besides the fact that rpgs
    >>take me a real long time.
    >>
    >>Did you ever get around to playing Deus Ex 1? As many have said it's
    >>a lot like that.
    >>

    >I've been playing mostly IL2, Doom3 (now finished), HL2 (finished a
    >bunch of times). Do have it installed, and DE:IW still also. I've
    >started it, but not actually completed my 'training' as yet :) I'm
    >having to learn a new level of patience to do what the game wants me to.
    >Stealth, to be precise :o) I'm more of a wham-bam-thankee-ma'am kinda
    >guy this way. Stealth is...er...new. I hear it is a long game too.
    >Far longer than DE:IW. But with DE, I should get to play all the back
    >story I missed with IW. And now Ive got the time to get into it. No
    >gf or so to bug me, kids are all well situated for the time being, OT at
    >work has finally dropped off for me.
    >McG.
    >McG.

    I just finished Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines this afternoon,
    wasn't too happy with the choices I made and the ending I got so I
    started over a new game and played for 8 more hours. :-P
    VtMB is a long game, I wasn't keeping track but I might have put 30-40
    hours into it.

    I can't remember if you were in on the Star Wars Republic Commando
    discussion, but I got that and played through it in two days. Then
    played it again two more times in the next week. I *loved* that game,
    it's hard to say why... when I first saw the preview movies I didn't
    think I was going to like it, but I think it's the best game of 2005 so
    far. It's pretty short, which is OK with me, and the multiplayer is
    worse than Doom 3's, that doesn't matter the single player game with
    your squad mates is heck a fun.

    --
    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    > On 3/12/2005 10:08 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
    >
    >> "LymanAlpha" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
    >>

    >>> On 3/12/2005 12:01 AM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

    >>> Ya know the playability is great. It's the first game in a while I
    >>> had to stop playing, because I was playing it to much. I went for a
    >>> couple of months just nibbling at it then in the last three days
    >>> I've been playing 5-6 hours a night. And I'll probably do the same
    >>> again today, there is a lot of content in it, besides the fact that
    >>> rpgs take me a real long time.
    >>>
    >>> Did you ever get around to playing Deus Ex 1? As many have said
    >>> it's a lot like that.
    >>>

    >> I've been playing mostly IL2, Doom3 (now finished), HL2 (finished a
    >> bunch of times). Do have it installed, and DE:IW still also. I've
    >> started it, but not actually completed my 'training' as yet :) I'm
    >> having to learn a new level of patience to do what the game wants me
    >> to. Stealth, to be precise :o) I'm more of a
    >> wham-bam-thankee-ma'am kinda guy this way. Stealth is...er...new. I
    >> hear it is a long game too. Far longer than DE:IW. But with DE,
    >> I should get to play all the back story I missed with IW. And now
    >> Ive got the time to get into it. No gf or so to bug me, kids are
    >> all well situated for the time being, OT at work has finally dropped
    >> off for me. McG.
    >> McG.
    >>

    > I just finished Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines this afternoon,
    > wasn't too happy with the choices I made and the ending I got so I
    > started over a new game and played for 8 more hours. :-P
    > VtMB is a long game, I wasn't keeping track but I might have put 30-40
    > hours into it.
    >
    > I can't remember if you were in on the Star Wars Republic Commando
    > discussion, but I got that and played through it in two days. Then
    > played it again two more times in the next week. I *loved* that game,
    > it's hard to say why... when I first saw the preview movies I didn't
    > think I was going to like it, but I think it's the best game of 2005
    > so far. It's pretty short, which is OK with me, and the multiplayer
    > is worse than Doom 3's, that doesn't matter the single player game
    > with your squad mates is heck a fun.

    Ok that's one to get the demo of at least.

    I wiped my install of DE and re-installed it. For some reason, all the
    games seemed to do fine with their current installs running on from
    Radeon 8500 and Ti4600 thru FX5900 and 9800 Pro including the 6800 128
    non GT/Ultra, then either won't run or thrash textures and objects
    terribly running the 6800 GT. FWIW, a DX7 game has never looked better
    or run faster :)
    Thru with the Training session, now to get down to exploring the world
    again :)
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
    >> McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >>> I heard *that* man! :) Seems to be an unspoken gamer rule an
    >>> awful lot of us abide. Some even think it's lame to ask for tips
    >>> and pointers in the ng's for the first run thru :) I don't. Not if
    >>> you're really stuck and still don't want to use the cheats.
    >>
    >> Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for
    >> about 2 days!!
    >
    > Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the
    > FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of
    > those :) McG.

    finally someone who enoys doom 3, everyone was complaining about no story
    and bullshit like that, but I never expected a story i got what i was
    waiting for with doom3 just a scary destroy everything that moves fps, that
    reminds me I need to finish it

    --

    You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!

    "Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    > > "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message

    > >> Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for
    > >> about 2 days!!
    > >
    > > Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the
    > > FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of
    > > those :) McG.
    >
    > finally someone who enoys doom 3, everyone was complaining about no story
    > and bullshit like that, but I never expected a story i got what i was
    > waiting for with doom3 just a scary destroy everything that moves fps,
    that
    > reminds me I need to finish it
    >
    > --
    >

    > You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!

    actually, i've already indicated my satisfaction with doom 3. i also need to
    finish it.

    dr ratt

    Stoned Monkey wrote:
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >
    >> "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message

    >>> Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for
    >>> about 2 days!!
    >>

    >> Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the
    >> FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of
    >> those :) McG.
    >

    > finally someone who enoys doom 3, everyone was complaining about no
    > story and bullshit like that, but I never expected a story i got what i
    > was waiting for with doom3 just a scary destroy everything that moves
    > fps, that reminds me I need to finish it

    Chalk up another one here. Played D3 through a few times now on
    different difficulty levels. I *did* complain when I first played it -
    couple of levels in and I thought it was nothing new (except the
    graphics of course). Realised it wasn't meant to be groundbreaking -
    more of a remake and enjoyed it for what it was. Most detractors missed
    the point - as I nearly did.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    > Chalk up another one here. Played D3 through a few times now on different
    > difficulty levels. I *did* complain when I first played it - couple of
    > levels in and I thought it was nothing new (except the graphics of
    > course). Realised it wasn't meant to be groundbreaking - more of a remake
    > and enjoyed it for what it was. Most detractors missed the point - as I
    > nearly did.
    >
    > --

    BTW, who said it wasn't meant to be groundbreaking.

    General wrote:
    > "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >
    >>Chalk up another one here. Played D3 through a few times now on different
    >>difficulty levels. I *did* complain when I first played it - couple of
    >>levels in and I thought it was nothing new (except the graphics of
    >>course). Realised it wasn't meant to be groundbreaking - more of a remake
    >>and enjoyed it for what it was. Most detractors missed the point - as I
    >>nearly did.
    >>
    >>--
    >

    > BTW, who said it wasn't meant to be groundbreaking.

    Enlighten me - in what way?

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?

    "Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message

    >>> Ever play "Mafia"? Man, I was stuck in that damn shipping yard for
    >>> about 2 days!!
    >>
    >> Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the
    >> FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of
    >> those :) McG.
    >
    > finally someone who enoys doom 3, everyone was complaining about no
    > story and bullshit like that, but I never expected a story i got what
    > i was waiting for with doom3 just a scary destroy everything that
    > moves fps, that reminds me I need to finish it

    You ever notice ya don't hear much from the people that like it and
    aren't having problems with a particular game? The ones that don't
    like something are the ones you hear most.
    I've finished it. And restarted it from the beginning with the 6800 GT
    :) I should have sat down with the Upset Chaps Doom3 Tweak Guide and
    really tuned it up right before I ever started. Well, now it looks
    *really* good!
    McG.
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "Stoned Monkey" <tenny2k@NOSPAMrtennant.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> McGrandpa wrote:
    >>> "sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in
    >>> message news:Xns96166DD7EB61Cduckrulestheuniverse@news.easynews.com

    >>> Naw, never did Mafia :) Doom3 and HL2 are great games. I like the
    >>> FPS types. Tombraider is deffo an exception though. I play all of
    >>> those :) McG.
    >>
    >> finally someone who enoys doom 3, everyone was complaining about no
    >> story and bullshit like that, but I never expected a story i got what
    >> i was waiting for with doom3 just a scary destroy everything that
    >> moves fps, that reminds me I need to finish it
    >
    > You ever notice ya don't hear much from the people that like it and
    > aren't having problems with a particular game? The ones that don't
    > like something are the ones you hear most.
    > I've finished it. And restarted it from the beginning with the 6800
    > GT :) I should have sat down with the Upset Chaps Doom3 Tweak Guide
    > and really tuned it up right before I ever started. Well, now it
    > looks *really* good!
    > McG.
    > McG.

    yeah i'm waitin till i get paid next so i can afford a ati x800 xt pe and
    64bit processor then im really gonna crank up the detail

    --

    "Jim" <Jim@no.com> wrote in message

    > The striders are fun so I didnt want to cheat. The trick with
    > the striders is to rab your rockets and go back downstairs to kill them.

    Nah, the trick is to quickly grenade jump to the second floor
    and hit the next-to-last autosave, so the Striders spawn right next
    to each other. Then you can kill them simultaneously ;)

    WannaPieceOfme <wellthereyougothen@invalid.invalid> typed as if
    devouring a plate of spoo:
    > I got stuck on a level in HL2 (the bit where you fight the Striders)
    > and used God mode for that level, got so used to it that I used it
    > for the rest of the game.
    >
    > I know feel gutted and guilty and feel I've accomplished nowt. Damn
    > damn shame.
    >
    > Never, I repeat NEVER use cheats in the game, it accomplishes nothing.

    Except in HL1 when you're on 3 health and you turn the corner right into a
    pack of military and one of them's manning a rocket launcher and no matter
    how many times you reload, you can't survive cause you have no explosives...
    LOL

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

Games Video Games