Running problem to windows 7

Boboy_Kiro

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hello,
hello....my language are worese but i really need you help.....i just format my notebook acer aspire 4540 but have running problem......it lagging every 1 minute.....when i open music or video,it also have same problem,stuck sometimes,grinding sound......i already upadate new bios and new driver,still have the same problem.....how can i stop this grinding sound and stuck problem?

TinaKellogg

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Question(s): You say "you" just formated the notebook.
-You reformated the hard drive?
-If so, what OS did you install?
-Did you need to reset the Bios /or/ did you make any changes to the bios settings?
-Have you had any problem with the PC crashing or shutting itself down along with this problem?

Hmmm.. many things can cause excessive hard drive access in a laptop. Assuming it is not failing hardware as mentioned above, you could also look at common issues.

Three common problems I am aware of which can cause excessive hard drive access:
1) Hard drive is too full - look and make sure you have approximately 15% of your hard drive free. A hard drive that is too full will grind continuously.

2) Virus - Make sure you have a good virus and spyware detection software loaded, updated, and running.

3) Background process/service - For example, if it does it "mostly" for an hour or two after you turn on your laptop, it could be something along the lines of virus protection software set to do a "full system scan" when the PC is started. There are also drive indexing programs and other types of "processes/services" which can be hard drive hogs if they are not properly configured.