dick

Running Windows XP Home. HP Pavilion laptop with ATI 9200 video.
S-Video direct from laptop to Sony receiver. TV sees Windows desktop,
etc., so the S-Video connection is OK, but the picture from the DVD is
black. Audio is coming through OK. This is with any DVD, including
home movies. Is it possible that the DVD+R format somehow can't be
read by the TV? This has been driving me crazy.

Dick

"Dick" <LeadWinger> schreef in bericht
| Running Windows XP Home. HP Pavilion laptop with ATI 9200 video.
| S-Video direct from laptop to Sony receiver. TV sees Windows desktop,
| etc., so the S-Video connection is OK, but the picture from the DVD is
| black. Audio is coming through OK. This is with any DVD, including
| home movies. Is it possible that the DVD+R format somehow can't be
| read by the TV? This has been driving me crazy.
|
| Dick

Do a search with Google and you'll find an answer, like these ones!
Gandalf G.
http://www.google.nl/search?q=how+to+connect+dvd+to+tv&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=nl&btnG=Google+zoeken&lr=

dick

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:28:59 +0200, "Gandalf G."
<G.Gladstone@imaginary.com> wrote:

>"Dick" <LeadWinger> schreef in bericht
>| Running Windows XP Home. HP Pavilion laptop with ATI 9200 video.
>| S-Video direct from laptop to Sony receiver. TV sees Windows desktop,
>| etc., so the S-Video connection is OK, but the picture from the DVD is
>| black. Audio is coming through OK. This is with any DVD, including
>| home movies. Is it possible that the DVD+R format somehow can't be
>| read by the TV? This has been driving me crazy.
>|
>| Dick
>
>Do a search with Google and you'll find an answer, like these ones!
>Gandalf G.
>http://www.google.nl/search?q=how+to+connect+dvd+to+tv&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=nl&btnG=Google+zoeken&lr=

Thanks, but it's not an S-Video problem as far as I can tell. I see
on the TV everything I see on the laptop screen, it's just that the
video screen in the software shows black. It's playing on the laptop
OK.

If your video is playing on your laptop and not the
external monitor, you may just have to change your
primary monitor settings. Very easy to do:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/e
n/default.asp?
url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/display_multi_moni
tors_select_primary.asp

TJ Evans
Microsoft Corporation

confers no rights.

i think i have your solution.....

go into display properties/settings/advanced....click 'overlay' tab, clone
mode options, and on overlay display mode, click 'theater mode'.

i installed an ATI AIW9000 and it took me weeks to figure this out, hope
it's the same for you!

> If your video is playing on your laptop and not the
> external monitor, you may just have to change your
> primary monitor settings. Very easy to do:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/e
> n/default.asp?
> url=/WINDOWSXP/home/using/productdoc/en/display_multi_moni
> tors_select_primary.asp
>
> TJ Evans
> Microsoft Corporation

> confers no rights.

dick

Unfortunately, the mobility version of my ATI Radeon 9200 in my HP
laptop does not have that option. I was able to make it work by
making the TV the primary, and the laptop screen the secondary. A
little inconvenient as you then can't see anything on the laptop to
make changes.