160gig HD Formating Problem

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a PC with a bios that reports my new WD HD is indeed 160 gig.

My current 40 gig HD is NTSF one sector, XP, SP2 (release candidate).

When I put the new drive on as a slave it is designated as drive "F" and
only set up as a 120 gig sector formatted with NTSF.

How do I set this up as a Drive "C", with one sector sized at 160 gig?
Thanks.

Richard.

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a PC with a bios that reports my new WD HD is indeed 160 gig.
>
> My current 40 gig HD is NTSF one sector, XP, SP2 (release candidate).
>
> When I put the new drive on as a slave it is designated as drive "F" and
> only set up as a 120 gig sector formatted with NTSF.
>
> How do I set this up as a Drive "C", with one sector sized at 160 gig?
> Thanks.
>
> Richard.
Make that 137 GB currently the format limit

Richard.

"Richard" <rfeirste@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> I have a PC with a bios that reports my new WD HD is indeed 160 gig.
>
> My current 40 gig HD is NTSF one sector, XP, SP2 (release candidate).
>
> When I put the new drive on as a slave it is designated as drive "F" and
> only set up as a 120 gig sector formatted with NTSF.
>
> How do I set this up as a Drive "C", with one sector sized at 160 gig?
> Thanks.

this might help you see the whole drive:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013

nf