Media Player 7 won't start

Tim

am running Windows XP Professional which is up to date
in relation to service pak's and hot fixes.

My problem is the Player won't start, either when I
double click on a audio or movie file or from the "start
programs" shortcut. There is some disc activity, then
nothing!

It was working Tuesday and when I tried to start it on
Wednesday it would not start.

I did a system restore back to Tuesday and no luck.

I ran a virus check which did not find any viruses. I
also ran Ad-Aware and Spybot, both of which came up
clean.

Winamp works.

Any advice on how I can get Media Player working again
will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Tim

WMP 8 is shipped with XP. You can't have WMP 7 on an XP machine.

Assuming you just got the wrong number in there I would suggest scanning for
both spyware and virus' and then reinstall WMP over itself.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media