Plus! Photo Story Problem

gerry

I am trying to finalize a Photo Story by adding background music to it, and
when I get to that function, I receive an error message: "Photo Story cannot
add music to your story because the selected file is not a valid music file.
Select a valid music file, and try again." The file selected is an .mp3
file, which plays just fine in Windows Media Player. I've tried selecting
..wav files and other .mp3 files, but I get the same message each time. The
only way I can keep this error message from coming up is to uncheck the box
beside "Add background music to your story." I have successfully added
background music to other photo stories with no problems at all. I
uninstalled Plus Digital Media Edition and reinstalled it with the latest
update from Microsoft, but there is no change. Any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated.

Try doing the same thing EXCEPT IN SAFE MODE

Hi Gerry,
I to have come across that problem. A friend told me that some MP3 files
were not encoded properly. The solution we use is to drag the MP3 file into
Windows Movie Make 2, set you view to TIME LINE, and drag your MP3 into the
TIME LINE, then save it as you would a movie. You will notice different
format save options as MM2 knows you want to encode an audio file. Now use
your new WMA file for you sound in Photo story.
Hope this helped, Lisa Wildcat