HP Tape Autoloader 24x6 -> 40x6?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software (More info?)

[xpost & f'up2 comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage]

Hi!

I own a HP 24x6 autoloader. Now I need more backup space.

Can I just replace the 1537A DDS-3 drive with a DDS-4 drive? Can the
autoloader communicate with the new drive?

Thank you!
Best regards
Martin

> Hi!
>
> I own a HP 24x6 autoloader. Now I need more backup space.
>
> Can I just replace the 1537A DDS-3 drive with a DDS-4 drive? Can the
> autoloader communicate with the new drive?

Just for groups.google.com:

Answer by HP: This is not possible due to a changed drive / autoloader
interface.

Best regards,
Martin