How to setup ad hoc wireless network

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Good morning

I am trying to setup an ad-hoc wireless network. I can use 3 laptops for this wireless network. I already setup the wireless network adapters and these cards "see" a network but I can not ping any of laptop and they do not appear in my Network neighborhood

Can someone tell me how to set up an ad-hoc wireless network? Why I can not ping the wireless cards of these laptops?

Thanks a lot in advance

Juan Araya
Costa Rica

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Hi Jaraya,

If you are unable to ping the laptops in a wireless network, then make sure to have disabled the filrewall in all laptops. Also, check out the below site to learn more about adhoc wireless network:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx

HTH
Venkat

"jaraya" wrote:

> Good morning
>
> I am trying to setup an ad-hoc wireless network. I can use 3 laptops for this wireless network. I already setup the wireless network adapters and these cards "see" a network but I can not ping any of laptop and they do not appear in my Network neighborhood
>
> Can someone tell me how to set up an ad-hoc wireless network? Why I can not ping the wireless cards of these laptops?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Juan Araya
> Costa Rica