Yet more problems with Nvidia

Okay, System is Compaq Presario 5000 Sold through Sears.
According to the HP/Compaq site the video card is an integrated Savage 4 AGP Graphics with 8 MB allocate as Video memory and 64 bit accelerated 3D graphics.
Windows System Information shows Nvidia riva tnt (Microsoft Corporation) with 16 MB using nv4_disp.dll driver
I downloaded the latest listed driver from Nvidia however if I choose I will select display only one driver.
If I choose have disk it lists all the Nvidai Cards but not Riva TNT. The closest are:
Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 and 64 Pro
Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra
Nvidia Riva TNT2/TNT2 Pro
The main problem I am having is an open GL error with some games.
I did try one of the other Video Card options and got past that particular error however the game locked up while loading.
Should I try to uninstall all video drivers and reinstalling from the directory where I downloaded the file?
1 answer Last reply
More about problems nvidia

    Albert,
    Unfortunately Nvidia does not support the TnT adapter any more as it
    cannot be WHQL logo'd. Installing the card as a TnT2 may work but most
    likely the settings the driver uses will not be correct. Since the TnT is
    5+ years old; I suggest you upgrade to a Radeon or Geforce based adapter
    which has current driver support. The error you are receiving could be the
    TnT does not have the capabilities to support the openGL games you are
    playing and no driver, correct or not, would allow you to play the game.

    --
    Thanks,
    Lance Naugle

    "Albert Pollard" <albertpollard@netzero.net> wrote in message
    > Okay, System is Compaq Presario 5000 Sold through Sears.
    > According to the HP/Compaq site the video card is an integrated Savage 4
    AGP Graphics with 8 MB allocate as Video memory and 64 bit accelerated 3D
    graphics.
    > Windows System Information shows Nvidia riva tnt (Microsoft Corporation)
    with 16 MB using nv4_disp.dll driver
    > I downloaded the latest listed driver from Nvidia however if I choose I
    will select display only one driver.
    > If I choose have disk it lists all the Nvidai Cards but not Riva TNT. The
    closest are:
    > Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 and 64 Pro
    > Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra
    > Nvidia Riva TNT2/TNT2 Pro
    > The main problem I am having is an open GL error with some games.
    > I did try one of the other Video Card options and got past that particular
    error however the game locked up while loading.
    > Should I try to uninstall all video drivers and reinstalling from the
    directory where I downloaded the file?

Video Riva Nvidia Windows XP