Should I return my Seagate ST3160023AS?

JL

Hi there,

I just recently purchased a 160gb SATA st3160023as. It works fine but
the seeking noise is just too loud and annoying.

Apparently this is due to the fact that there is not AAM. I´ve seen
some people complaining about the noise but suprisingly there are a
lot of sastified customers (for instance at newegg reviews).

I just cannot live with this level of noise so I'm thinking about
bringing it back to the shop.

My questions:

Do you think I had a bad one ? (it's kind of strange that lot´s of
people are happy with it)

Is there any hack to turn on AAM? or reduce the noise anyhow?

Any help will be appreciated. I'm just sad about having spent $120 for
this useless drive as it stands

TIA

JL

If you can't tolerate the noise, you'll have to return it. There's no AAM
option. But it's nothing to feel bad about, you paid good money and you
deserve to be satisfied with your purchase.