Changing from 32bit to 16bit colors

Hello! My question is simple! I have a very powerful desktop compter that has a very strong video Card. I don't play any Games, however I take
a lot of pictures with my digital camera and I do a lot of video editing. And I watch a lot of DVD movies. I like to know out of the three, if not all
three, will be affected by going from 32bit colors to 16bit colors? What will I loose and what will I gain in doing so? Will it affect me watching movies
as for as colors? And will it take away some of the colors from the pictures I take? And likewise video editing? And how will it affect my printing
ability. I print the pictures I take with my camera. Will I go down in quality of work?

Yes, yes and yes! You'll lose definition, quality, resolution...... etc
etc. If you have this very powerful computer why are you thinking of
degrading the picture in the first place?

Cari
www.coribright.com

"James Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello! My question is simple! I have a very powerful desktop compter that
> has a very strong video Card. I don't play any Games, however I take
> a lot of pictures with my digital camera and I do a lot of video editing.
> And I watch a lot of DVD movies. I like to know out of the three, if not
> all
> three, will be affected by going from 32bit colors to 16bit colors? What
> will I loose and what will I gain in doing so? Will it affect me watching
> movies
> as for as colors? And will it take away some of the colors from the
> pictures I take? And likewise video editing? And how will it affect my
> printing
> ability. I print the pictures I take with my camera. Will I go down in
> quality of work?

peter

Maybe he is trying to safe the other 16bits for his old age??
peter
> Yes, yes and yes! You'll lose definition, quality, resolution...... etc
> etc. If you have this very powerful computer why are you thinking of
> degrading the picture in the first place?
>
> Cari
> www.coribright.com
>
> "James Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! My question is simple! I have a very powerful desktop compter that
> > has a very strong video Card. I don't play any Games, however I take
> > a lot of pictures with my digital camera and I do a lot of video editing.
> > And I watch a lot of DVD movies. I like to know out of the three, if not
> > all
> > three, will be affected by going from 32bit colors to 16bit colors? What
> > will I loose and what will I gain in doing so? Will it affect me watching
> > movies
> > as for as colors? And will it take away some of the colors from the
> > pictures I take? And likewise video editing? And how will it affect my
> > printing
> > ability. I print the pictures I take with my camera. Will I go down in
> > quality of work?

No one on these newsgroups ever gets older... just wiser and more
experienced!

--
Cari
www.coribright.com