Two Deskstar Hitachi 120 gig 7K250, in raid 1 fast or not ?

Iam talking about the new drives from them and SATA.

Iam just going to try raid out on my new system and wondering if i
sould even bother, or should i justhave one drive for OS and
applications and one for games and other stuff ?

Thanks.

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:
> Iam talking about the new drives from them and SATA.
>

> Iam just going to try raid out on my new system and wondering if i
> sould even bother, or should i justhave one drive for OS and
> applications and one for games and other stuff ?

It should be pretty similar in performance as if you had just a single
drive. (and the same amount of storage)

-WD

Ill get two drives instal the os and try some Hdtach readings and
alittle later add the other drive in a raid and see what happens :)

Ive got to read up on raiding anyway to get it down so i can do it its
alittle complicated so i want to be ready when i do it anyway.

Ill just install the OS on the new drive and and use my old drive as
my games,ect drive and when iam ready RAID 1 here i come :)

Then ill benchmark and see whats the diff ?

Thanks.