Article 311542 (fix for problems resuming from standby)

Article 311542 directed me to install a patch
(q311542_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe) to resolve the problem I am
encountering (XP machine not responding - no signal to
the monitor - after standby). However, when trying to
install the patch, I get a message that the SP currently
installed (XP SP1, specifically, SP1a) is newer than the
patch I am attempting to install and it will not allow me
to proceed.

There appears to be no other remedy. I am hoping a MS
moderator can offer any insight here. It can't be by
design that the patch must be applied prior to the SP...I
haven't encountered that requirement in a few years.
3 answers Last reply
More about article 311542 problems resuming standby

    The patch is included in SP1 and SP1a. Which graphics card are you using
    and what version of the drivers?

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Rob Lake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Article 311542 directed me to install a patch
    > (q311542_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe) to resolve the problem I am
    > encountering (XP machine not responding - no signal to
    > the monitor - after standby). However, when trying to
    > install the patch, I get a message that the SP currently
    > installed (XP SP1, specifically, SP1a) is newer than the
    > patch I am attempting to install and it will not allow me
    > to proceed.
    >
    > There appears to be no other remedy. I am hoping a MS
    > moderator can offer any insight here. It can't be by
    > design that the patch must be applied prior to the SP...I
    > haven't encountered that requirement in a few years.

    I updated my video driver and now the machine wakes up
    from stand-by. Thanks for the suggestion.

    You're welcome!
    --

    >I updated my video driver and now the machine wakes up
    > from stand-by. Thanks for the suggestion.

Video Windows XP