Weird, light clicking noise

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
June 6, 2004 11:50:30 PM

I hear a strange clicking noise, when loading applications, It is
light and probably nothing, probably a small hard-drive glitch. With
the normal harddrive sounds, at times there is a several light
mouse-click type sound. I am working with a NetVista 866/133-128MB
30GB Machine(dont know exact model), Linux Mandrake 9.1. The machine
is working, so I guess my question, will the drive/machine? just stop
working in a couple of months or nothing to worry about. Just thought
I would log this if case anybody experiences similar stuff.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 7, 2004 7:01:44 AM

bigbinc wrote:

> I hear a strange clicking noise, when loading applications, It is
> light and probably nothing, probably a small hard-drive glitch. With
> the normal harddrive sounds, at times there is a several light
> mouse-click type sound. I am working with a NetVista 866/133-128MB
> 30GB Machine(dont know exact model), Linux Mandrake 9.1. The machine
> is working, so I guess my question, will the drive/machine? just stop
> working in a couple of months or nothing to worry about. Just thought
> I would log this if case anybody experiences similar stuff.

Run smartctl from smartmontools to check the SMART status of the drive.

-WD
!