Weird, light clicking noise

I hear a strange clicking noise, when loading applications, It is
light and probably nothing, probably a small hard-drive glitch. With
the normal harddrive sounds, at times there is a several light
mouse-click type sound. I am working with a NetVista 866/133-128MB
30GB Machine(dont know exact model), Linux Mandrake 9.1. The machine
is working, so I guess my question, will the drive/machine? just stop
working in a couple of months or nothing to worry about. Just thought
I would log this if case anybody experiences similar stuff.
1 answer Last reply
More about weird light clicking noise

    bigbinc wrote:

    > I hear a strange clicking noise, when loading applications, It is
    > light and probably nothing, probably a small hard-drive glitch. With
    > the normal harddrive sounds, at times there is a several light
    > mouse-click type sound. I am working with a NetVista 866/133-128MB
    > 30GB Machine(dont know exact model), Linux Mandrake 9.1. The machine
    > is working, so I guess my question, will the drive/machine? just stop
    > working in a couple of months or nothing to worry about. Just thought
    > I would log this if case anybody experiences similar stuff.

    Run smartctl from smartmontools to check the SMART status of the drive.

    -WD

Light Hard Drives Storage