Converting MPG to AVI

Is there an easy / freeware method for converting MPG
files to AVI files?

Running WinXP Pro with various video editing software from
MS and third parties.

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about converting

    Do a Google search on video converters.

    "JRW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an easy / freeware method for converting MPG
    > files to AVI files?
    >
    > Running WinXP Pro with various video editing software from
    > MS and third parties.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I use TMPGEnc for that conversion. There's a link on my Setup > Software
    page.
    --
    PapaJohn

    Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
    Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org

    ..
    "JRW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an easy / freeware method for converting MPG
    > files to AVI files?
    >
    > Running WinXP Pro with various video editing software from
    > MS and third parties.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Video Freeware Video Editing AVI Microsoft Windows XP