oh if i was rich...

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:

> Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?

i would if i was rich...

oh if i was rich...

i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world
talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
steam is

oh if i was rich...

i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
steam is so wrong and damaging

oh if i was rich...

i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world

oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

More about rich
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:
    >
    >> Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?
    >
    > i would if i was rich...
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world
    > talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
    > steam is

    Based on your posts here, I would predict you would end up in jail charged
    and convicted of criminal libel within a month

    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
    > pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
    > steam is so wrong and damaging

    see above

    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
    > most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world

    Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.

    > oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games
    >
    > --

    I thank God you are neither RICH or SMART enough to get RICH. Keep buying
    those lotto tickets.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Bateau wrote:
    > Hahahahahaha this kid just gets weirder.

    I dunno. I thought it was quite poetic.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > i would if i was rich...

    You're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a
    ride, I say take it.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message

    > Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    > money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.

    I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source Windows...
    <grin>
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > sayNO2steam wrote:
    >
    >> i would if i was rich...
    >
    > You're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a
    > ride, I say take it.

    Yeah, especially if he claims to be a welder.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:40:09 -0500, "Paul Fedorenko"
    <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrotC:DRIVE_E

    >"General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    >> money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.
    >
    >I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source Windows...
    ><grin>

    I'd just develop my dream MMORPG. But I'd have to be REALLY rich --
    rich enough to pour ten million down a hold and spend about a million
    a year for five to seven years after that.
    Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    http://www.mrlizard.com
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:18:31 +0000, sayNO2steam
    <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:
    >
    >> Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?
    >
    >i would if i was rich...
    >
    >oh if i was rich...

    Why aren't you?

    >i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world

    Why don't you. You don't need to be Bill Gates III to buy newspaper
    space.

    >talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
    >steam is

    And if you were rich you might also be able to afford the lawyers
    you'd need to defend yourself from the libel suit.

    >oh if i was rich...
    >
    >i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
    >pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
    >steam is so wrong and damaging

    Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    free.

    As for a magazine, you could start one for $200 or less. You don't
    have $200 yet you claim you are a "TRUE pc gamer" who always buys
    every computer game that comes out to show your "support for the
    retail channel"? Bullshit.

    >oh if i was rich...
    >
    >i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
    >most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world

    Not everything is for sale.

    >oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games

    Like get sued by Valve; who, unlike you, would actually do something
    good for us gamers with that money.

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Johnny Bravo wrote:

    > Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    > free.
    >
    > As for a magazine, you could start one for $200 or less. You don't
    > have $200 yet you claim you are a "TRUE pc gamer" who always buys
    > every computer game that comes out to show your "support for the
    > retail channel"? Bullshit.

    A few months ago sayNO2commonsence admitted his PC is three years old and he
    only buys old budget games that will work on his PC. This was the reason he
    told everyone he never talked about games. For some reason you aren't
    allowed to mention older games. Now, sayNO2rationalthought tells everyone
    they must buy game soon after release and at full price reguardless if they
    are good or not. Last month when asked about what games sayNO2lithium
    playes, he refuses to answer. Reluctantly he admits his hard drive has been
    broken for six weeks and he can't play any games, but with gusto he tells
    everyone he still buys games he can't play. I wonder why
    sayNO2sociallywelladjusted will not let google archive his posts.

    Thusly "Paul Fedorenko" <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> Spake Unto All:

    >"General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    >> money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.
    >
    >I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source Windows...
    ><grin>

    I'd buy Microsoft... And start selling a re-written *proprietary*
    Linux version, with Windows interface, and some careful tweaking would
    ensure it'd be the only linux which could run Office... B-)
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    If you were rich you might cause yourself some serious harm. Be glad that
    your demented mind is constrained by your piss-poor economic standing.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > sayNO2steam wrote:
    >
    >> i would if i was rich...
    >
    > You're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a
    > ride, I say take it.

    I don't see why you have to insult mules that way.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:
    >
    >> Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?
    >
    >i would if i was rich...
    >
    >oh if i was rich...
    >
    >i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world
    >talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
    >steam is
    >
    >oh if i was rich...
    >
    >i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
    >pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
    >steam is so wrong and damaging
    >
    >oh if i was rich...
    >
    >i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
    >most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world
    >
    >oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games

    Hahahahahaha this kid just gets weirder.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Johnny Bravo <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    spoo:

    > Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    > free.

    Well, websites are free if you don't mind two bazillion banner ads and
    popups out the wazzoo. <g>

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "EvilBill" <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Johnny Bravo <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    > spoo:
    >>
    >> Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    >> free.
    >>

    > Well, websites are free if you don't mind two bazillion banner ads and
    > popups out the wazzoo. <g>

    Maybe in the ultimate form of irony, he can have Valve/HL2 banners.
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    sayNO2steam wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:
    >
    > > Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?
    >
    > i would if i was rich...
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world
    > talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
    > steam is
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
    > pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
    > steam is so wrong and damaging
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
    > most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world
    >
    > oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games

    If i were rich i would buy every isp in the world and ban you from them
    all.

    --
    DalienX
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:56:19 -0500, Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:40:09 -0500, "Paul Fedorenko"
    ><pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >

    >>"General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    >>> money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.
    >>
    >>I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source Windows...
    >><grin>
    >>

    >I'd just develop my dream MMORPG. But I'd have to be REALLY rich --
    >rich enough to pour ten million down a hold and spend about a million
    >a year for five to seven years after that.

    I'd have to buy a license for something really interesting so I
    could run around roleplaying some of the real heavy hitters from the
    fiction, all in character, god help anyone who doesn't play along or
    tries to stop me.

    <grin>

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:34:19 -0700, "Hank the Rapper"
    <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

    >Johnny Bravo wrote:
    >
    >> Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    >> free.
    >>
    >> As for a magazine, you could start one for $200 or less. You don't
    >> have $200 yet you claim you are a "TRUE pc gamer" who always buys
    >> every computer game that comes out to show your "support for the
    >> retail channel"? Bullshit.

    sayNO2commonsence
    sayNO2rationalthought
    sayNO2lithium
    sayNO2sociallywelladjusted

    LOL.

    My fun with him is about up, I've pushed him too hard. All he does
    now is snip my whole post, call it greedy developer lies and then rant
    about steam for half a page. It was good while it lasted, but that's
    ok, Gary Grisby's Word at War has gone gold and I should have it
    sometime in the next 2-3 days, right on schedule. :)

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:42:26 GMT, "EvilBill"
    <quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Johnny Bravo <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    >spoo:
    >>
    >> Websites are free, you must be pretty poor not to be able to afford
    >> free.
    >>

    >Well, websites are free if you don't mind two bazillion banner ads and
    >popups out the wazzoo. <g>

    Depends on where you go, I found a place that has 60mb of storage
    (as long as all files are under 200k), with unlimited bandwidth, no
    spyware, no banner ads and no popups. You get a pop3 email account at
    your web address

    http://sayNO2lithium.50webs.com/

    Props to Hank for suggesting the name.

    I didn't bother taking the 5 minutes it would take to head over to
    http://www.freedomain.co.nr/ and get a redirector (also at no charge
    and with no ads) to get http://www.sayNO2lithium.co.nr to point back
    at my webpage so it looks more professional, but what the hell, I only
    allocated 15 minutes to the whole project (from the time I opened my
    browser to find a free website to the time I came back to write this,
    that included writing the webpage, obviously :).

    Tools used (all free!)
    Web Hosting:
    http://www.50webs.com
    Web Browser: Firefox
    http://www.GetFirefox.com
    Page Creator: 1st Page 2000 (Free Edition)
    http://www.evrsoft.com/download.shtml
    FTP Program: FTP Commander
    http://www.internet-soft.com/ftpcomm.htm

    Now sayNO has no reason (other than stupidity or laziness) to not
    set up his anti-steam website, because even someone as stupid as sayNO
    can afford free.

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Johnny Bravo wrote:

    > http://sayNO2lithium.50webs.com/
    >
    > Props to Hank for suggesting the name.

    Woo hoo! I'm famous.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Lizard wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:40:09 -0500, "Paul Fedorenko"
    > <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >

    >>"General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>Then I proclaim, you are a MORON, Steam is going to make Valve a ton of
    >>>money. You would destroy a money maker, smart fella you are.
    >>
    >>I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source Windows...
    >><grin>
    >>

    > I'd just develop my dream MMORPG. But I'd have to be REALLY rich --
    > rich enough to pour ten million down a hold and spend about a million
    > a year for five to seven years after that.

    I'd do two chicks at the same time
    /Office Space
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Maybe you'd get a lobotomy????
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    I would do something far more useful to society, I would remove you from the
    gene pool...

    "sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, "turk" wrote:
    >
    > > Why don't you buy a copy and send him the code?
    >
    > i would if i was rich...
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy full page adds in the best newspapers in the world
    > talking about the wrong, damaging and against consumer rights
    > steam is
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would create a magazine and website dedicated to defending
    > pc gamers consumers rights and talk about the truth and how
    > steam is so wrong and damaging
    >
    > oh if i was rich...
    >
    > i would buy valve, make it destroy steam and turn it into the
    > most pc gamer friendly and good developer in the world
    >
    > oh if i was rich... so many good things i could do to pc games
    >
    > --
    > post made in a steam-free computer
    > i said "NO" to valve and steam
    >
    > against steam campaign
    > http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/
    >
    > steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
    > http://www.steamwatch.org/
    >
    > please sign petition "Say NO! to Steam!" available at:
    > http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:59:39 +1300, "Sponge" <none@none.com> wrote:

    >I would do something far more useful to society, I would remove you from the
    >gene pool...

    You hardly need rich for that, although you do get the quality you
    pay for. :)

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Hank the Rapper wrote:
    > Johnny Bravo wrote:
    >
    > > http://sayNO2lithium.50webs.com/
    > >
    > > Props to Hank for suggesting the name.
    >
    > Woo hoo! I'm famous.

    Dear Mr. Rapper, great posts like yours are the reason I read idiotic
    posts like sayno2's!
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    Glenn Weeks wrote:
    > Maybe you'd get a lobotomy????

    ....another one????

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    "James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Lizard wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:40:09 -0500, "Paul Fedorenko"
    >> <pfedorenko@bite-me.look.ca> wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >>

    >>>"General" <general@hom.com> wrote in message

    >>>I dunno... If I had the money, I'd buy Microsoft and open-source
    >>>Windows... <grin>
    >>

    >> I'd just develop my dream MMORPG. But I'd have to be REALLY rich --
    >> rich enough to pour ten million down a hold and spend about a million
    >> a year for five to seven years after that.
    >
    > I'd do two chicks at the same time
    > /Office Space

    Only two?
    Sheeesh... kids of today... I dunno!
    ;-)
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly "rat" <go@way.com> Spake Unto All:

    >> I'd do two chicks at the same time
    >
    >Only two?
    >Sheeesh... kids of today... I dunno!
    >;-)

    It's the inflation.

    Yep, fondly remember my 30th birthday... 1st wife and I were
    "swinging" then... We had 10 couples over for a party and my birthday
    gift was all girls on Jack for the evening.... I came out of that
    feeling and looking like I'd been slimed by the "Ghost Busters".... Ah
    what a night, couldn't talk or get a hardon for a week... Even my toes
    & fingers were sore.... Couldn't hear in one ear for the longest
    time.... Cat's followed me for weeks...

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:41:36 -0000, "rat" <go@way.com> wrote:

    >> I'd do two chicks at the same time
    >> /Office Space
    >
    >Only two?
    >Sheeesh... kids of today... I dunno!
    >;-)

    "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
    a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
    who feel its power. It burns those who fight
    its progress. And one day this untamed fire
    of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
    our world."
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:41:36 -0000, "rat" <go@way.com> wrote:

    >Only two?
    >Sheeesh... kids of today... I dunno!
    >;-)

    To paraphrase Zaphod (from Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy),
    "I'd be surrounded by a bevy of beautiful babes; and I'd hire a team
    of experts to dream up new ways they can be nice to me."

    of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Games Steam IBM Video Games Product