Drive Image 7 will not backup to DVD-RWs

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software (More info?)

I use a Sony DVD RW DW-U14A drive for burning. For starters, Drive
Image will only accept a blank disk; this seems a bit absurd if
there's space left. And it lacks the ability to reformat the disk, so
I have to use Nero 5.5 to erase it. But even after the disk is blank
(registering as "not accessible" in Windows, with 0 used and 0 free
bytes) Drive Image still will not accept it. These are DVD-RWs, not
DVD+RWs.

I've tried saving to disk and burning a copy with Nero. But at my
file size Nero saves the disk in UDF format, and Drive Image does not
recognize this format when I boot in recovery mode.

Has anyone experienced this same problem? Any ideas on how to solve
it?

2obvious wrote:
> I use a Sony DVD RW DW-U14A drive for burning. For starters, Drive
> Image will only accept a blank disk; this seems a bit absurd if
> there's space left. And it lacks the ability to reformat the disk, so
> I have to use Nero 5.5 to erase it. But even after the disk is blank
> (registering as "not accessible" in Windows, with 0 used and 0 free
> bytes) Drive Image still will not accept it. These are DVD-RWs, not
> DVD+RWs.
>
> I've tried saving to disk and burning a copy with Nero. But at my
> file size Nero saves the disk in UDF format, and Drive Image does not
> recognize this format when I boot in recovery mode.
>
> Has anyone experienced this same problem? Any ideas on how to solve
> it?

Common way of thinking when backups are /file/ based...
However, Drive Image operates /sector/ based...
Are you using InCD by any chance? If so, please, get rid of it and also
update to Drive Image 7.04...

--
M.f.G.
Michael Kimmer

"Ein Tag an dem Du nicht lächelst ist ein verlorener Tag"
"Eine Nacht in der Du nicht schläfst ist eine verschlafene Nacht"