Outlook Calendar & multiple pocket pc's...

May 5, 2004 10:53:08 PM

My girlfriend and I both sync our pocket calendars to Outlook at home, but
it simply combines the 2 calendars in all three locations. Is there a way
that we can keep the 2 ipaqs seperate, and have a combined calendar on the
pc?

Nathan J
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 10:53:09 PM

You can keep it separate by creating seperate user accounts under Windows.
However, the calendars on the PC will be separate too.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"NathanJ" <nathanj@xtreme2.pipex.net> wrote in message
> My girlfriend and I both sync our pocket calendars to Outlook at home, but
> it simply combines the 2 calendars in all three locations. Is there a way
> that we can keep the 2 ipaqs seperate, and have a combined calendar on the
> pc?
>
> Nathan J

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 12:21:07 AM

Create different users accounts in PC's Windows then the calendars in each
of them will differ.

--

..: Jakub Kañczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

I have an idea. As I understand your email:
Do you want to synchronize notes, emails, files, contacts, etc. seperate on
2 ipaqs but you want a common calendar with your girlfriend?

Create two windows user accounts and you get two separe outlook user. Or if
you use Outlook XP you can make two different outlook account in one windows
user account.

You can sync the two ipaq independently. An the trick is: you can
synchronize the two outlook calendar via "outlook net folders" feature. Net
folder is a service in outlook. It can synchronize mail, calendar or contact
items vía email. This is automatic, and work well. Earlyer, when I have no
ipaq, I synchronize contacts and calendar beetwen my home pc and pc at my
working place.

How it works? An example:
You created a new note with your ipaq. Sync ipaq with your personal outlook.
Outlook recognize there is a new appointment. It send the appointment data
to your girlfriends email address. You log offf. Your girlfried log in to
outllok. She receive the appointment, that your outlook was send. Your
girlfriends outlook save the appointmetn, without interrupting shes work.
And when she sync shes ipaq, tha appointment is goes to the ipaq.

:)  Sorry my bad english. Hope I can help you.

"NathanJ" <nathanj@xtreme2.pipex.net> wrote in message
> My girlfriend and I both sync our pocket calendars to Outlook at home, but
> it simply combines the 2 calendars in all three locations. Is there a way
> that we can keep the 2 ipaqs seperate, and have a combined calendar on the
> pc?
>
> Nathan J

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 3:26:03 AM

the problem with this approach is Outlook hasn't included the "net folder"
feature since (I think) office 2000

!