winXP not recognize USB driver of camcorder.

Hello, all:

My Laptop is Toshiba Satellite-2435. OS is winXP pro. I
am trying to palyback the video recorded by Sony DCR-TRV
camcorder in this PC. The way I am using is with the USB
stream.

I install the USB driver first, then connect the Laptop
and camcorder with the USB cable. The Windows Add
Hardware Wizard stars to reconize the camcorder. But in
just seconds, it pops up:

"The software you are installing for this
hardware: Sony Digital Imaging Video has not
passed Windows Logo testing to verify its
compatibility with windowsXP.
Continuing your installation of this software may
impair or destabilize the correct operation of your
system either immediately or in the furture.
Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this
installation now and contact the hardware vendor for
software that has passed windows Logo testing."

I don't know how to solve this problem, who can help me?

Yumin
6 answers Last reply
More about winxp recognize driver camcorder

    If you want to capture video you need a firewire card in the pc and a
    firewire cable to connect this to the cam. USB is for the stills the camera
    can take and can do the compressed movies you can save to teh mem card, for
    full quality dv video it is not worth pursueing this route.
    Check in your device manager to see if you have a firewire connection
    installed, it may be called i-link or ieee1394.
    Graham
    "Yumin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, all:
    >
    > My Laptop is Toshiba Satellite-2435. OS is winXP pro. I
    > am trying to palyback the video recorded by Sony DCR-TRV
    > camcorder in this PC. The way I am using is with the USB
    > stream.
    >
    > I install the USB driver first, then connect the Laptop
    > and camcorder with the USB cable. The Windows Add
    > Hardware Wizard stars to reconize the camcorder. But in
    > just seconds, it pops up:
    >
    > "The software you are installing for this
    > hardware: Sony Digital Imaging Video has not
    > passed Windows Logo testing to verify its
    > compatibility with windowsXP.
    > Continuing your installation of this software may
    > impair or destabilize the correct operation of your
    > system either immediately or in the furture.
    > Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this
    > installation now and contact the hardware vendor for
    > software that has passed windows Logo testing."
    >
    > I don't know how to solve this problem, who can help me?
    >
    > Yumin

    Hi, Graham:

    First of all, I have to say sorry to you. In order to
    get the solution quickly, I posted my question on groups.

    I have firewire/iLink cable, my laptop also has a jack
    named IEEE1394. In my "Device Manager" table, one item is
    named "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
    Controller".

    Could you tell me what I should do next step?

    Yumin

    Yumin,

    No worries, we zoom around all over the place!!!!
    As you have all the neccessary equipment, all you need to do is connect.
    Have laptop on.
    Connect laptop and camera with cable.
    Turn camera on to vcr/player mode.
    XP should give it's new hardware ping, wait for it to recognise everything
    and then open up Movie Maker and capture.

    Other hints.
    If you have not done so, upgrade MM to version 2, so much better than one,
    free from M/S.
    Laptops have slow hard drives, so ensure you have no other apps running in
    the background, turn off antivirus etc and disconnect from the net.
    Defrag before and after capture.
    Dv-avi files which you will produce are large, so you need lots of space, 1
    hour = 13gb, then you need extra for editing/saving/producing your finished
    movie on dvd or whatever.

    I'm at www.simplydv.co.uk more if you run in to trouble post at either.

    > Hi, Graham:
    >
    > First of all, I have to say sorry to you. In order to
    > get the solution quickly, I posted my question on groups.
    >
    > I have firewire/iLink cable, my laptop also has a jack
    > named IEEE1394. In my "Device Manager" table, one item is
    > named "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
    > Controller".
    >
    > Could you tell me what I should do next step?
    >
    > Yumin

    yep. I was having the same sort of problem.. I'm using a Canon ZR65-MC video camera...
    USB is not for downloading video.. you probably need to use 1394 Firewire cable into a
    Firewire port on your laptop.. if it doesn't have one, you'll have to install it. that's
    what I did and my system recognized my camera and I was able to download video
    (slowly) using Pinnacle Software.

    Tony

    I'm having the same problem. Following the operating instructions in the Sony manual which recommends USB. I download the USB driver, and install it (no cables attached). When I look at Control Panel -> Add Remove Programs I see the SONY USB installed in the list of programs. However when I go to Hardware Device manager, there is no listing of the Sony USB driver. So when I go to capture the video using Windows Movie Maker,of course I get "no video device detected." I've ensured that cables are connected only after I install the driver (per instructions), power cable is attached, and Camcorder is set to USB Stream and in Video mode.

    It seems the USB driver is installed, but yet not installed. Any thoughts?

    "Tony" wrote:

    > yep. I was having the same sort of problem.. I'm using a Canon ZR65-MC video camera...
    > USB is not for downloading video.. you probably need to use 1394 Firewire cable into a
    > Firewire port on your laptop.. if it doesn't have one, you'll have to install it. that's
    > what I did and my system recognized my camera and I was able to download video
    > (slowly) using Pinnacle Software.
    >
    > Tony

    Digital camcorder? Use firewire, NOT USB.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having the same problem. Following the operating instructions in the
    > Sony manual which recommends USB. I download the USB driver, and install
    > it (no cables attached). When I look at Control Panel -> Add Remove
    > Programs I see the SONY USB installed in the list of programs. However
    > when I go to Hardware Device manager, there is no listing of the Sony USB
    > driver. So when I go to capture the video using Windows Movie Maker,of
    > course I get "no video device detected." I've ensured that cables are
    > connected only after I install the driver (per instructions), power cable
    > is attached, and Camcorder is set to USB Stream and in Video mode.
    >
    > It seems the USB driver is installed, but yet not installed. Any thoughts?
    >
    > "Tony" wrote:
    >
    >> yep. I was having the same sort of problem.. I'm using a Canon ZR65-MC
    >> video camera...
    >> USB is not for downloading video.. you probably need to use 1394 Firewire
    >> cable into a
    >> Firewire port on your laptop.. if it doesn't have one, you'll have to
    >> install it. that's
    >> what I did and my system recognized my camera and I was able to download
    >> video
    >> (slowly) using Pinnacle Software.
    >>
    >> Tony

Video Camcorders USB Windows XP