Firefox 3.6 Users to Get Nudged to Upgrade to 8 on Nov 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepaiii

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Probably all the Sony laptop users that hacked Firefox 3.6's title bar to say netscape so their web gestures would work with their stupid Alps mousepad!

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Don't know what the fuzz about Firefox being buggy and crashing a lot is. I got the most recent version and have not crashed once. Everythign works perfect. Perhaps get rid of those shitty addons? That's a start. Btw I have Noscript and adblock, nothing else

G

I'm fine with 3.5. So far it works and there's been no reason to update. Furthermore I HATE frequent and forced updating. It's been a problem with my PS3/PSP as well. Update when the need arises, not just because you need something to do.

G

how can i update to 8 when my company only able to support 3.6 for SAP Portal?

G

Mozilla, give me Vertical Tab browsing + coloring tabs + group&colapse tabs with new version and I will jump in no time.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I still personally use 3.6 since some of my add-ons are not supported in later versions. I use firefox throttle for limiting my upload rates (so I don't bog down the game server hosted on my network) as well as an IE8 skin (don't hate, I just enjoy the functionality and feel of the IE interface). Niether of these add-ons have updated for newer versions.

But I guess it might finally be time to move on... *sigh* =/

cesar44

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
My first impressions on Firefox 8 are quite positive. Download time was fast (6.8MB of code) and the browser start-up time is now very small. During the first activation you get a add-on migration screen asking if you still want the add-ons not still compatible with version 8. If you tick Yes in one of them, you are warned that Firefox will get them for you as soon as they become available. Nice feature!

Just curious: will this article author finally get the correct market share numbers for Firefox or will he still be confused and all over the place?

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Currently using 7.0.1 without any problems. It doesn't bother me having to upgrade every few weeks since I hardly use Firefox as often as Opera or Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.