file format for recorded tv using xp media center's person..

does anyone know what file format (MPEG 1, MPEG 2, etc.)
using XP Media Center's built in personal video
recorder? When I view the details for the file, it
identifies the type as "Microsoft Recrded TV Show", but
does not list the type of file format. Also, is there a
way to change the file format from what it currently is
to another type?

The recorded TV files are in a format called DVR-MS. This MPEG-2 video in a
wrapper to allow for metadata to be stored. Check out
www.thegreenbutton.com for information on converting the files to MPEG-2 or
WMV. DivX can also be done, but in more steps.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media