file format for recorded tv using xp media center's person..

does anyone know what file format (MPEG 1, MPEG 2, etc.)
using XP Media Center's built in personal video
recorder? When I view the details for the file, it
identifies the type as "Microsoft Recrded TV Show", but
does not list the type of file format. Also, is there a
way to change the file format from what it currently is
to another type?
1 answer Last reply
More about file format recorded media center person

    The recorded TV files are in a format called DVR-MS. This MPEG-2 video in a
    wrapper to allow for metadata to be stored. Check out
    www.thegreenbutton.com for information on converting the files to MPEG-2 or
    WMV. DivX can also be done, but in more steps.

    --
    Chris Lanier
    Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
    "aric l" <ahlasky@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > does anyone know what file format (MPEG 1, MPEG 2, etc.)
    > using XP Media Center's built in personal video
    > recorder? When I view the details for the file, it
    > identifies the type as "Microsoft Recrded TV Show", but
    > does not list the type of file format. Also, is there a
    > way to change the file format from what it currently is
    > to another type?

Video File Format Media Center Microsoft Windows XP