Hung in VgsSave Mode

Jim

I can not reinstall my Radeon 9700 Graphic Card Driver. I have practically no options after arriving in devices while going through Display properties, settings, advance, adapter, properties, and then driver. There are no highlights to allow me to rollback, update, or delete driver. I tried to stop the VgaSafe drive by hitting the STOP button and it even denies this action. No other option are available. I thought my plug and play would immediately take over and reconize my Radeon Card. The Radeon Card is O.K. Previously, I accidently deleted some of the files in ATI directory and so that is why I reinstalled the Radeon driver. I know ATI should be removed first through the add/remove process but since it was not possibably isince it is partically corrupt so I think that is why the system refuses to let me upgrade. I get comments during the install that I must first install a vga driver and then it quits. Other times, it says my hardware is not compatible which I know is not true. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim

peter

Try this
http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/catalystutils.html
the Catalyst Removal tool will remove all remnants of radeon drivers
Then reboot and see if you can reload your drivers.
let us know
peter