Audio Loop

Last response: in Video Games
a b } Memory
March 17, 2005 9:05:26 PM

HL2 keeps crashing at the initial screen, the auido loops, the screen
freezes and I have spent literally hours trawling the internet looking for a
solution, the only conclusion I can draw is that it is quite a widespread
problem. Causes seem to range from memory, cpu temperature, SP2 problems
etc.
Basically the error message is " "The instruction at 0x241f94b7 referenced
memory at 0x01080cc8" The memory could not be read. "
Has anyone experienced the problem, and got a definite fix (not too much
technical jargon please)? TIA

More about : audio loop

March 17, 2005 9:05:27 PM

"Tappy Lappy" <Tappy Lappy@nufc.com> wrote in message
news:D 1cgt6$d4p$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> HL2 keeps crashing at the initial screen, the auido loops, the screen
> freezes and I have spent literally hours trawling the internet looking for
> a solution, the only conclusion I can draw is that it is quite a
> widespread problem. Causes seem to range from memory, cpu temperature, SP2
> problems etc.
> Basically the error message is " "The instruction at 0x241f94b7
> referenced memory at 0x01080cc8" The memory could not be read. "
> Has anyone experienced the problem, and got a definite fix (not too much
> technical jargon please)? TIA

One _possible_ fix is moving a bunch of stuff from one folder to
another. I don't remember the specifics, but it always worked for me. Search
on the steam forums using key words "folder" "bin" "copy" "paste" "move"
and/or various combinations thereof.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 18, 2005 6:56:59 AM

Ever tried to look at steampowered and the suppport pages?

"I get the following error when playing Half-Life 2 'The Instruction at
0x####### referenced memory at 0x#######. The memory could not be
'read'"
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c...**&p_li=&p_topview=1
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 18, 2005 3:30:01 PM

<peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ever tried to look at steampowered and the suppport pages?
>
> "I get the following error when playing Half-Life 2 'The Instruction at
> 0x####### referenced memory at 0x#######. The memory could not be
> 'read'"
> http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.c...**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Thanks a million, I didn't realise this existed. I'll go through all the
steps and see what happens.
Once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Richard
!