screen resolution changes on startup

Adam

Hi, could really use some help here please, when xp
starts the resolution is at 1024 by 768 pixels (the
resolution I want), then the screen goes black for a
second and when it comes on again the resolution drops to
800 by 600, it does this everytime, I can change it back
manually but dont know why it keeps switching over, I've
downloaded driver updates (Nvidia GeForce FX 5600) but
doesnt seem to help? Any ideas anyone?

Does the monitor you are using support 1024 x 768?

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Adam" <gotchasamoa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, could really use some help here please, when xp
> starts the resolution is at 1024 by 768 pixels (the
> resolution I want), then the screen goes black for a
> second and when it comes on again the resolution drops to
> 800 by 600, it does this everytime, I can change it back
> manually but dont know why it keeps switching over, I've
> downloaded driver updates (Nvidia GeForce FX 5600) but
> doesnt seem to help? Any ideas anyone?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just starting having the same problem the other day. Thought maybe it was something my son downloaded that was causing th problem but have not been able to work it out. Same thing happens, resolution OK on initial startup and then screen goes black for a second and resolution changes. I too have updated by drivers but nothing changes. Help?

Thanks for your reply, yes my monitor does, I've tried
alot of different things now but it still happens, once I
manually change it back in Settings its fine, but
resolution always drops on restart, under my display
properties it appears that Im running multiple (2)
monitors although Im not, I can seem to remove the other
monitor, Im not sure if this affects it anyway??

Adam

Hi, finally figured it out, MS Messenger which starts
when XP does has resolution setting which were set at 256
color and 800x600 resolution, this must have caused the
resolution on my computer to drop everytime I started XP,
hope this can help someone