SD media: write-protect

I have been using SD media for a digital camera for years and just
recently I uploaded some photos after which my camera says my SD media
card is write-locked! When I searched the camera menu, I could not find
any way of doing that and when I explored the card in the removable
media USB card, read-only was not checked, nor was there any obvious
reference to write-protection.

Does anyone know how to turn off write-protection for the SD cards? (or
if there is another forum which might be able to help me?)

Thanks
Ken K

Ken K wrote:

> I have been using SD media for a digital camera for years and just
> recently I uploaded some photos after which my camera says my SD media
> card is write-locked! When I searched the camera menu, I could not find
> any way of doing that and when I explored the card in the removable
> media USB card, read-only was not checked, nor was there any obvious
> reference to write-protection.

What do you mean "read-only was not checked" ?
There should be a tab to slide on the side of the card itself.

-WD

Will Dormann wrote:

> Ken K wrote:
>
>> I have been using SD media for a digital camera for years and just
>> recently I uploaded some photos after which my camera says my SD
>> media card is write-locked! When I searched the camera menu, I could
>> not find any way of doing that and when I explored the card in the
>> removable media USB card, read-only was not checked, nor was there
>> any obvious reference to write-protection.
>

> What do you mean "read-only was not checked" ?
> There should be a tab to slide on the side of the card itself.
>

> -WD

Sorry. I did not look at the SD card and only looked at its appearance
in Explorer, thinking that the issue was software and not hardware.
Sorry for the stupid post!

Ken