Wireless Networking Problems

I have tried to setup a wireless Ad-Hoc network between three PCS. The two PCs running Win98 and WinME communicate but the one connected to the network running XPpro fails to share or ping any of the other PCs on my network, can somebody help?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless networking problems

    Hi.
    All Entry Level Wireless allow Ad-Hoc connection between two computers.
    Very few allow Ad-Hoc for more than two.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "android" <android@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have tried to setup a wireless Ad-Hoc network between three PCS. The two
    PCs running Win98 and WinME communicate but the one connected to the network
    running XPpro fails to share or ping any of the other PCs on my network, can
    somebody help?

    > Thanks

    I hate to say it but i've been a fool. The reason that the XP Pro machine wasn't correctly connecting - showing any files is because i'd incorrectly entered the WEP 128bit key by one letter, however XP still lets you connect, not saying that that is a wrong key! Whereas the other machines all used Linksys setup software and therefore didn't have to enter the wep key - only a passphrase. Now i have a Ad-Hoc 3 way network!

    "Jack" wrote:

    > Hi.
    > All Entry Level Wireless allow Ad-Hoc connection between two computers.
    > Very few allow Ad-Hoc for more than two.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "android" <android@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have tried to setup a wireless Ad-Hoc network between three PCS. The two
    > PCs running Win98 and WinME communicate but the one connected to the network
    > running XPpro fails to share or ping any of the other PCs on my network, can
    > somebody help?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Wireless PCS Networking Wireless Networking