  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 2, 2004 4:31:03 PM

I have tried to setup a wireless Ad-Hoc network between three PCS. The two PCs running Win98 and WinME communicate but the one connected to the network running XPpro fails to share or ping any of the other PCs on my network, can somebody help?

Thanks

More about : wireless networking problems

August 3, 2004 1:50:18 AM

Hi.
All Entry Level Wireless allow Ad-Hoc connection between two computers.
Very few allow Ad-Hoc for more than two.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"android" <android@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried to setup a wireless Ad-Hoc network between three PCS. The two
PCs running Win98 and WinME communicate but the one connected to the network
running XPpro fails to share or ping any of the other PCs on my network, can
somebody help?

> Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 3, 2004 6:57:02 AM

I hate to say it but i've been a fool. The reason that the XP Pro machine wasn't correctly connecting - showing any files is because i'd incorrectly entered the WEP 128bit key by one letter, however XP still lets you connect, not saying that that is a wrong key! Whereas the other machines all used Linksys setup software and therefore didn't have to enter the wep key - only a passphrase. Now i have a Ad-Hoc 3 way network!

!